Why I don’t support “Believe all women”

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
WOW you're very messed up.
Clearly a DTT conservative, given the rhetoric and "logic". Either just trolling or just clueless. In either case, not worth the effort to engage.

Nov 2012
Michigan
My wife lies to me just about every day. But she doesn’t call it that, she says she changes her mind.

For me when I say I’m going to do something that means I do it.

Jun 2019
NC
My wife lies to me just about every day. But she doesn’t call it that, she says she changes her mind.

For me when I say I’m going to do something that means I do it.
Another words, if someone says I think I'll mow the grass this afternoon and then decides because it's raining, to do it tomorrow, he's a liar? That's the mental aptitude of an adolescent. But to say what you mean is the honorable thing to do, but things change and sometimes we have to accommodate those changes, yes?

Last edited:
Nov 2012
Michigan
Another words, if someone says I think I'll mow the grass this afternoon and then decides because it's raining, to do it tomorrow, he's a liar? That's the mental aptitude of an adolescent. But to say what you mean is the honorable thing to do, but things change and sometimes we have to accommodate those changes, yes?
Nothing changes but my wife’s mind.

Jun 2019
NC
Nothing changes but my wife’s mind.
That's an irrational comment, was it supposed to be funny? Sounds like you don't like your wife, and you may have a good reason, but there are a lot of good loving honest women out there my friend. My mother and grandmothers come to my mind.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
That's an irrational comment, was it supposed to be funny? Sounds like you don't like your wife, and you may have a good reason, but there are a lot of good loving honest women out there my friend. My mother and grandmothers come to my mind.
You were not married to your mother or your grandmothers. *shrug*

Dec 2015
Arizona
There's a more important reason to object to the "believe all women" directive. To do so, whether it's acknowledged or not, requires one to abandon the presumption of innocence standard for the accused, and there are few things more fundamental to our judicial system than that.
The presumption of innocence is ONLY a rule of legal procedure and the absence of proof is entirely different than a court judgment of NOT GUILTY.
Sexual assault is almost impossible to prove which is why the majority of rape cases are NEVER reported or taken to trial.
In this country, it takes dozens (and sometimes hundreds) of women to report an assault in order to be taken seriously.
Example: Larry Nassar, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein
In the past two years, more than 70 "famous" men have been fired, resigned or experienced similar professional fallout due to accusations of sexual misconduct.
Most were never prosecuted. Absence of proof.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
The presumption of innocence is ONLY a rule of legal procedure and the absence of proof is entirely different than a court judgment of NOT GUILTY.
Sexual assault is almost impossible to prove which is why the majority of rape cases are NEVER reported or taken to trial.
In this country, it takes dozens (and sometimes hundreds) of women to report an assault in order to be taken seriously.
Example: Larry Nassar, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein
In the past two years, more than 70 "famous" men have been fired, resigned or experienced similar professional fallout due to accusations of sexual misconduct.
Most were never prosecuted. Absence of proof.
I do not disagree with you at all. However, knowing how difficult it is to prove a charge or rape in a court of law why are so many women careless about meeting almost total strangers in circumstances and in locations where their security & safety is "iffy" at best? I don't get that at all.