Why I don’t support “Believe all women”

Nov 2013
NM
I do not disagree with you at all. However, knowing how difficult it is to prove a charge or rape in a court of law why are so many women careless about meeting almost total strangers in circumstances and in locations where their security & safety is "iffy" at best? I don't get that at all.
Perhaps because The heart is a lonely hunter? Perhaps the victory of optimism over caution?

Something drives people (not just women) to go beyond their comfort zone, in an effort to reach out & make contact with another person. & sometimes that drive simply overpowers the instinct for some caution.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Perhaps because The heart is a lonely hunter? Perhaps the victory of optimism over caution?

Something drives people (not just women) to go beyond their comfort zone, in an effort to reach out & make contact with another person. & sometimes that drive simply overpowers the instinct for some caution.
Probably some combination of those factors. WANTING to believe something very often overpowers common sense.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I do not disagree with you at all. However, knowing how difficult it is to prove a charge or rape in a court of law why are so many women careless about meeting almost total strangers in circumstances and in locations where their security & safety is "iffy" at best? I don't get that at all.
My son the cop tells me that many women have a false sense of security. They don't see any reason why women can't go anywhere a man can and not be threatened. That is a downside of the old womens' lib movement and it's current extensions. Thousands of years of subservience to men then the "liberation" of women has done this. It'll take a generation or 3 to 'train" society otherwise.

Reactions: webguy4
Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Yeah, your point? A wife is not the only woman relationship a person has, one would seriously hope.

That is very true.

Never said it wasn't the only relationaship with a woman a person has.
The implication was that it is a far DIFFERENT relationship, that's all.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
My son the cop tells me that many women have a false sense of security. They don't see any reason why women can't go anywhere a man can and not be threatened. That is a downside of the old womens' lib movement and it's current extensions. Thousands of years of subservience to men then the "liberation" of women has done this. It'll take a generation or 3 to 'train" society otherwise.
A factor is that men and women communicate so differently.