Why I love the French

Dec 2018
U.S
Why the ‘Yellow Vests’ Are a Red Flag for France’s Macron—and the EU
Judah Grunstein Monday, Nov. 26, 2018
Editor’s Note: Richard Gowan’s column will appear on Wednesday this week.

PARIS—How do you respond to a protest movement that has no organized leadership, began a month ago with one overriding demand but has since morphed into an expression of generalized discontent, and is grabbing headlines around the world? If you have an answer, French President Emmanuel Macron would almost certainly like to hear from you.

For the second weekend in a row, protests by the Gilets Jaunes—or “Yellow Vests”—blocked roads and retail centers in cities around the country. Though the protesters’ numbers fell compared to the previous weekend, the images of pitched battles between demonstrators and police on the Champs Elysees were more striking and perhaps more disruptive this time around, when the streets of Paris were packed with holiday shoppers.

Why the ‘Yellow Vests’ Are a Red Flag for France’s Macron—and the EU

Merry Christmas?

Christmas with the gilets jaunes

The 'yellow vests' revolt in France has targeted centrist president Macron, but left wing opinion has been divided over its unclear politics. Paul Cudenec reports from the protests – and finds a community spirit that bears little resemblance to the media's depictions
December 24, 2018

1545779276052.jpeg

Christmas with the gilets jaunes

Why do I love the French? Or should I say, why do I love France? Because of its 'history'? Maybe after all this is over, i can love what little of France I know of.

Dec 2018
U.S
KnightOfSappho
Forum Staff:

For the most part I agree with what was said. We have a generation of young adults that are missing critical life skills and will suffer lifelong if they don't develop them.

I don't know how I feel about the assertion that corporate America is responsible for the rehab. They are responsible in the sense that this is the pool from which they will be able to pick their future talent, but the idea that corporations should be trying to correct parenting errors for this generation is a bit of a stretch. That would require that corporations flip back to before our parents generation and start showing loyalty to their employees again. I think it unlikely.

Thought provoking talk on millenials

Sappho's poetry is still considered extraordinary and her works continue to influence other writers. Beyond her poetry, she is well known as a symbol of love and desire between women.

*online search

A knight is a person granted an honorary title of knighthood by a monarch, bishop or other political leader for service to the monarch or a Christian church, especially in a military capacity.[1][2] Historically, in Europe, knighthood was conferred upon mounted warriors.[3] During the High Middle Ages, knighthood was considered a class of lower nobility. By the Late Middle Ages, the rank had become associated with the ideals of chivalry, a code of conduct for the perfect courtly Christian warrior. Often, a knight was a vassal who served as an elite fighter, a bodyguard or a mercenary for a lord, with payment in the form of land holdings.[4] The lords trusted the knights, who were skilled in battle on horseback.

*wiki

What occurs when Royals get caught in adultery?

At first it is aghast. Second abhorred. Third cursed upon. Fourth turned away from. Fifth common placed.

Which are you most concerned with? The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th? Or has it stopped mattering all together?

I'm ordained by a 'free lover' to do as I wish to keep the monarch and Christian Church safe from all 'harm'. Example. :)

Where, where is Romans 13 for France and for every other place?

"1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

8Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

11And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. 13Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."

I hate seeing The Lord being tossed around like tossed salad. Trying to keep a positive attitude in the midst of all this is being humored. And I'm not even 'living' within France or the other 'revolting' places.

Can you just imagine if a person such as this was the 'hero' and not the enemy?

Last edited:
Dec 2018
U.S
LORD God. Won't you please forgive us and cleanse us of our wrongs so that Your Goodness may be? Let Thyself and Thy Goodness be upon Thy Earth and within Thy World. I thank You and ask You in The Name of Thy Only Begotten Son, (J)esus Christ. Amen

Dec 2018
U.S
You would admire the French......Your posts advocate a Frenchifying of this country....
Jimgorn. I believe it was you that posted about the economic spiral effect. As far as frenchifying, i prefer frenchfry-frying. And I'd like to make it clear that although I'm a citizen of this country, it is not by choice or vote but by birth to which I cannot say overly much except I would like it if it were in the caring Hand(s) of The LORD God (J)esus Christ rather than in the hands of 'men' who were made to be upright among many inventions.

Last edited: