Why I think the Shutdown Is Wrong-headed and Will do More Harm than Good

Feb 2020
Houston
The problem with your approach is endemic to people who are only selfishly thinking of themselves in this pandemic.
It's not just about you.
But, I was answering RNG's rhetorical question of would they rather be poorer or deader.

RNG, I'm counting on you to review my math and not give a horse shit answer like that.

Don't let me down, buddy!

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
"Yes, I might get coronavirus and die if I work, and I'm probably more likely to die than if I do not work.

But if I do not work, I'm fucked financially for sure."
No, no, no.

You are not fucked. You and your wife probably have tons of vacation time. You, her and the kids can just come over here. I have a spacious, fully furnished 3-bedroom apartment right in the middle of Tokyo for you guys and I will wine and dine you guys every night. We need a Saki-Cowboy over here.

Funny the apartment was booked for the Olympics that have been cancelled but the rental agency is not giving them back the deposit and letting me keep it. So if you feel shy my personal offer then just change your mindset to the left and think of it as some stranger paying for it all.

Feb 2020
Houston
No, no, no.

You are not fucked. You and your wife probably have tons of vacation time. You, her and the kids can just come over here. I have a spacious, fully furnished 3-bedroom apartment right in the middle of Tokyo for you guys and I will wine and dine you guys every night. We need a Saki-Cowboy over here.
That sounds good, Free, thanks! It'll just be me and the wife though, the kids are out of the house and we're trying to keep them out of the house. We love 'em to death but we're done!

Funny the apartment was booked for the Olympics that have been cancelled but the rental agency is not giving them back the deposit and letting me keep it. So if you feel shy my personal offer then just change your mindset to the left and think of it as some stranger paying for it all.
LoL!

I prefer the libertarian idea of free association. With Free.

Don't take this personally, I always say this anytime the idea of being friends with another couple comes up: it ain't never gonna end up with no wife-swappin'!

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
She is my fiance, and not legally my wife so she does what she wants. Did you military guys used to call it "The Land of the Rising Buns?"

Feb 2020
Houston
She is my fiance, and not legally my wife so she does what she wants. Did you military guys used to call it "The Land of the Rising Buns?"
Hmmmm. I never said anything about fiance-for-wife swappin' Let me think that one over . .

Just kidding. If you're living the monogamous life, you're on the right track. Thirty years never tempted.

A whole lotta lookin' though.

My wife's brother was a marine. He married a girl who was half-Japanese ethnically but fully American as her father was a LTC in the Army and her mother ran a flower shop on base. Anyway we were visiting on leave and we the young couples (at the time) stayed up after her parents went to sleep and played some game where you act stuff out. Not charades but a version they sold if you know what I mean.

Anyway, Akimi the wife was in a kind of retro-hippy phase, vegan all that stuff. So she never war a bra and that evening she was bouncing around pretty good. Braless women are a thing with me but I have lots of "things" like that.

During that time there was a catch phrase from SNL going around, "Are you looking at my bum?" We had been living in Munich so we didn't know about it.

Sure enough, she looked at me and said, "are you looking at my bum?" She was being funny, I wasn't in on the joke. What I thought was, "no, why would I, I was looking at your tits!" But what came out was, "Uh, uh, uh . . . "

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Hmmmm. I never said anything about fiance-for-wife swappin' Let me think that one over . .

Just kidding. If you're living the monogamous life, you're on the right track. Thirty years never tempted.

A whole lotta lookin' though.

My wife's brother was a marine. He married a girl who was half-Japanese ethnically but fully American as her father was a LTC in the Army and her mother ran a flower shop on base. Anyway we were visiting on leave and we the young couples (at the time) stayed up after her parents went to sleep and played some game where you act stuff out. Not charades but a version they sold if you know what I mean.

Anyway, Akimi the wife was in a kind of retro-hippy phase, vegan all that stuff. So she never war a bra and that evening she was bouncing around pretty good. Braless women are a thing with me but I have lots of "things" like that.

During that time there was a catch phrase from SNL going around, "Are you looking at my bum?" We had been living in Munich so we didn't know about it.

Sure enough, she looked at me and said, "are you looking at my bum?" She was being funny, I wasn't in on the joke. What I thought was, "no, why would I, I was looking at your tits!" But what came out was, "Uh, uh, uh . . . "
I can relate to your brother-in-law's story and your feelings. The halfbreeds or Americanized ones are very different. They are just as physically attractive but their mannerisms are different. They don't know how to be subtle.

The first night I was with my new woman she was very nervous and farted during the act. Instead of ruining it, she turned it into something that honored me.

"Free-San, You make front side so happy, backside whistle!"

• Haha
Reactions: SeymourFlops2020
Feb 2020
Houston
I thought I would be posting several reasons the shutdown is wrong-headed. But really after this:

1) It isn't really a shutdown.

I don't need a second reason.

If the shutdown were justified, it would be justified to have a real shutdown.

It's a self-evident truth.

Mar 2020
Woodlands, Texas
I hate to say it but it doesn't seem that real to me either because everyone I k but me is just going wherever they please.
My brothers are deliberately going to the store then coming home then saying oh yeah we forgot to get dip let's go back. Want anything, dumbass?
They don't even use dip they vape but they just say that because I called them rednecks ONE TIME so now they deliberately act even more redneck cause they think it's funny.

Jul 2019
Georgia
There it is then se7en.

You pompously say that I

But the reason you give for why they are being cautious is not fear of the virus killing people but it is fear of the government shutting down their business:

That is my exact point.

Then you justify it by saying that the GOP is just as guilty:

which I've been saying, but you're too busy melting down over my not hating Trump enough to notice.
she is also concerned about illness spreading and people getting sick

see, decent human beings are able to multi-task and be concerned about multiple things

you've been whining non-stop about places being closed, so I was trying to explain to you why people are doing these things. There are numerous reasons, this is affecting us in numerous different ways.

I'm glad the whiners only exist on the internet and there's only a couple of you, because here in the real world, everyone understands the severity of this and we're all working together to try to get through this and back to normal.

Feb 2020
Houston
I hate to say it but it doesn't seem that real to me either because everyone I k but me is just going wherever they please.
My brothers are deliberately going to the store then coming home then saying oh yeah we forgot to get dip let's go back. Want anything, dumbass?
They don't even use dip they vape but they just say that because I called them rednecks ONE TIME so now they deliberately act even more redneck cause they think it's funny.
Do they really call you dumbass like it's your nickname? I can see how that would be very annoying and even hurtful.

Other than that, I can see my own boys doing something like that if their sister or girl cousin expounded the liberal big government line at a time in which the government is acting so atrociously. Not out of meanness but with a sense of humor which it sounds like your cousins have.

Are they really bringing you things from the store and asking you if you need anything? If they are sincere you could get even by asking them to buy large boxes of feminine products. Of if you really want to be bold, ask them for a "stress relief device" and tell them Walmart has them but they have to ask at the pharmacy counter.