Why is equality so hard to understand???

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I can hear it now:

"But, but, but ... we deserve our share. What are we going to do without SS or Medicare or federal road dollars or food, drug and environmental protections or National Parks or federal lands or subsidies to farmers for not planting or government food purchasing programs??"

Reactions: foundit66
Nov 2005
California
I can hear it now:
"But, but, but ... we deserve our share. What are we going to do without SS or Medicare or federal road dollars or food, drug and environmental protections or National Parks or federal lands or subsidies to farmers for not planting or government food purchasing programs??"
Heck.
Shift the subject matter to "school vouchers" and get whip-lash there too as they shift their position.

Suddenly, that money that the government provides for the public education is something they think individual parents should be able to get a voucher for to take to whatever school they want, ignoring how much of that they actually did / did not pay in.

Last edited:
Reactions: se7en
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Stop giving me the runaround.

Some people look at an issue and pretend if they look at ONE ASPECT, that somehow sums up the entire issue.
If I look at a red car and a red house, then I can pretend they are "equal" because they are both red.
No more runaround and no more nonsensical examples. If I work more than you and make more than you, can you pretend that you are less morally obligated to take care of your family than I am? Yes, right?
This is an example of looking at "one aspect".
Worse, it's an approach that you cannot point to any modern, civilized country and say that they implement equality in the way you like.
I don't have to point to anything, it's my thread and I asked a question that has not been answered by you. I don't care what other countries do. I am Ameican and this is the best country. It makes no difference how modern or civilized any other place is. No more runaround.

• Love
Reactions: SkyChief and LTP
Nov 2005
California
Stop giving me the runaround.
Says the person who is refusing to address my statements...
:rolleyes:
You're in a glass house throwing hand grenades cause you want me to fit into the strawman liberal box when I don't.
As long as you refuse to LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND what others are saying, you're going to think they are giving you the "runaround" when they are really not...

No more runaround and no more nonsensical examples. If I work more than you and make more than you, can you pretend that you are less morally obligated to take care of your family than I am? Yes, right?
To answer your question directly, based solely on what you asked and ignoring the convoluted context you are trying to tack onto it...
The answer is No.

I don't have to point to anything, it's my thread and I asked a question that has not been answered by you. I don't care what other countries do. I am Ameican and this is the best country. It makes no difference how modern or civilized any other place is. No more runaround.
Part of the problem with zealotry is when people refuse to recognize WHY the method they want to adopt is not being utilized anywhere.
You obviously want people to answer your question and give you the answer you WANT/EXPECT, but you completely refuse to try to understand why you're asking the wrong question in the first place.

It's like trying to solve a calculus problem but insist that it has to be done by counting / adding / removing apples.
And then blaming the people who understand more about the calculus problem because you insist that apples should be all that should be used to arrive at the yes/no answer...

Reactions: Biff
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
More runaround from you and now you bring in calculus.
You don't know what 1+1 or 0+0 is? And as I said, I am talking about America. If you are not American and from one of those better countries then perhaps you should go to that forum and band together with your countrymen and celebrate.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Says the person who is refusing to address my statements...
:rolleyes:
You're in a glass house throwing hand grenades cause you want me to fit into the strawman liberal box when I don't.
As long as you refuse to LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND what others are saying, you're going to think they are giving you the "runaround" when they are really not...

To answer your question directly, based solely on what you asked and ignoring the convoluted context you are trying to tack onto it...
The answer is No.

Part of the problem with zealotry is when people refuse to recognize WHY the method they want to adopt is not being utilized anywhere.
You obviously want people to answer your question and give you the answer you WANT/EXPECT, but you completely refuse to try to understand why you're asking the wrong question in the first place.

It's like trying to solve a calculus problem but insist that it has to be done by counting / adding / removing apples.
And then blaming the people who understand more about the calculus problem because you insist that apples should be all that should be used to arrive at the yes/no answer...
@FreeToChoose lives under a Come of Silence and cannot understand why no one can understand him. I don't think he understands himself.

Nov 2005
California
More runaround from you and now you bring in calculus.
B.S.
I answered the question you asked in post #43 DIRECTLY in my post #44.

You don't know what 1+1 or 0+0 is?
Yes. I do.
But the situation / perspective is not as simple as that.

Suppose somebody says "stealing is wrong".
1+1
But what if your family is starving and you've tried every other method you can think of. Should the person just let his family starve to death? Look his daughter in the eye and says "1+1 means we will keep starving".

But you only want to address the situation as 1+1.
Life is more complicated than just that.

And as I said, I am talking about America. If you are not American and from one of those better countries then perhaps you should go to that forum and band together with your countrymen and celebrate.
I am American.
We don't operate by the "morality" method you endorse.
America doesn't operate by the "morality" method you endorse.
We never have.
We never will.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
More runaround. How come #'s 43 or 44 but not the first post possible? Just answer the simple straight questions with simple straight answers. You are the guy that did a few pages of runaround when I threw down the corona bet, right?
I am American.
We don't operate by the "morality" method you endorse.
America doesn't operate by the "morality" method you endorse.
We never have.
We never will.
You mean Amerika and Amerikan?

Nov 2005
California
More runaround. How come #'s 43 or 44 but not the first post possible? Just answer the simple straight questions with simple straight answers. You are the guy that did a few pages of runaround when I threw down the corona bet, right?
I did.
I even bold-faced my answer.

You mean Amerika and Amerikan?
I mean America.
But you can feel free to prove my assessment wrong by providing independently verifiable facts...

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
More clueless right wing bullshit. Of course, they have to simplify things, and reality is, its not simple that you can put your entire worldview on a bumper sticker. That's about the extend right winger can think.

Anyway, the OP is just a troll so its pointless to even respond to such stupid shit as the OP. Equality, right wingers know nothing of equality.

and people who have American flags in their avatar, american rah rah shit in as where they are, are so obvious trolls. Probably russian
Do you know what a troll is? A troll posts something for an emotional response, not anything that would edify a thread. Since this isn't your thread, it makes YOU the troll. So, do you have anything relevant to the thread or are you trying to control what topic matter is open for discussion?

Reactions: FreeToChoose