Why the economy is better under Trump

Nov 2005
California
Yeah, I wasn't really counting Trump in with Republicans.
Obviously, he was not going to balance the budget anymore than he was going to pay for the wall with Mexican Pesos.
I see both parties not giving a damn about the deficits or the debt.

You say "both parties", but what do we actually see when looking at reality?
Clinton LOWERED the deficit. Period.
Obama LOWERED the deficit even when he was getting hounded for the economy recovery not being better. He could have utilized deficit spending as a means to stimulate the economy, but he chose not to.

On the other hand, Trump is enjoying the benefits of deficit spending to artificially stimulate the economy as he claims we have the best economy ever.

It's nowhere near "both parties" doing it.

I haven't heard a repub lately call for a balanced budget.
Under Trump? Of course not.

Under Obama? REPEATEDLY they did. Incredibly publicly.
Again, either you were hiding under a rock or you're just plain being deceitful.
Below are three different fights that Obama had with Congressional Repubs on the issue where they dug in their heels and demanded the (DEMOCRAT) president address the deficit.

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
Libertarians should be made to keep a sign on their door "I'm a Libertarian", so the local fire & police depts know not to respond. Oh, and of course, disable 911 on their phones...

That way you can be totally free!

Feb 2020
Houston
Libertarians should be made to keep a sign on their door "I'm a Libertarian", so the local fire & police depts know not to respond. Oh, and of course, disable 911 on their phones...

That way you can be totally free!
As long as I don’t have to pay the taxes, I’m fine with that.

Dec 2015
Arizona
The Republicans never were really fiscally responsible and post-9/11, they stopped even pretending.
You seem like an intelligent, reasonable guy so tell me WHY you support Trump? You don't sound like the typical RW Republican OR a Trump supporter.
Economy? Check
Jobs? Check
You've got your conservative SCOTUS appointee---the college drunk Kav.

Jan 2020
Congo Free State, Africa
Turns out that it isn’t the Obama Stimulus finally kicking in.

The business community, who drive the economy, are more confident that the government won’t be regulating and taxing businesses into bankruptcy.

Trump didn’t really have to do anything, just keep his mitts off.

OK, let's see who's thriving.
Businesses and their owners. Check.
Already rich people. Check.
Politicians. Check.
Hookers with big tits? Sure.

The rest?

1.jpg

Feb 2018
Oregon

The business community, who drive the economy, are more confident that the government won’t be regulating and taxing businesses into bankruptcy.

The economy is good, eh? A full 40% of America can't find $400 to scrape together if an unforeseen expense shows up. Factor in that consumer debt is now greater than it was at the start of the 2008 crash. Any notion of the economy being in good shape is based only on a loyal consumption of fake Trumpian news protected by a good set of blinders.

1583552453921.png

1583552533845.png

Reactions: imaginethat
Jul 2014
massachusetts

Trump is pumping much more deficit financed stimulus into the economy than Obama did

Reactions: Kode