Why there's soooo many democrat candidates.

Sep 2019
Here
Money. Period End of story.

The more candidates, the more money the DNC takes in. The more witch hunts, the more money the DNC takes in. The more Trump scandals, the more money the DNC takes in. I'm surprised the RNC isn't pushing for more GOP candidates to run against Trump. Candidates that would run against Trump, not bash him too much. But raise money until it's close to the end of the election season and then drop out.

It's been said, that the presidents are chosen months, maybe even a year before the actual election. And the election season is just a means of raising money for those who select who's gonna be our president. (And prominent congressmen) That sounds conspiratorial, I know. But it's not any more far fetched than the income tax, monetary policy or foreign policy.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
24/7 media coverage is designed specifically for drama. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Trump administration itself has been the source for half the leaks over the last 2+ years because it generates more controvery and brings in more money.

Sep 2019
Texas
24/7 media coverage is designed specifically for drama. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Trump administration itself has been the source for half the leaks over the last 2+ years because it generates more controvery and brings in more money.
24/7 media coverage is designed specifically to give click bait journalism a source of revenue.
I wouldn't be surprised that many of the click bait head lines come from prominent Democrats.
I would be surprised if 30 second sound bite admirers stopped admiring 30 second sound biters- I would be surprised if talking heads actually used their head for something other than holding their ears apart. I'll be surprised when the voters start using their head for something besides holding their ears apart and stop using the other guy as a crutch or the butt of jokes- but, by then I'll be dead so I won't care.
We get the gov't we deserve.

Reactions: caconservative
Sep 2019
Here
Sure, the media has got to make money. But I'm talking about the DNC & GOP's means of revenue.
Justin Amash has pointed out many times that a congressman's first job is to raise money for the party. The more candidates a party has, the more revenue it generates. Fact is, some people aren't going to support just a couple of candidates. So they throw 8 or 10 in the mixed, and it's increases their revenue X 8 or 10. When the lower legs stop raising money, they drop out. For 2 reasons. Their supposed chances of getting elected is nil. And more importantly, the DNC/GOP isn't getting anything for their investment.
I think that it's not the candidates that drop out. It's the party itself who stop funding them because they're not generating enough revenue. Like a business. When it's supposed to be like an,,,,,,,,,, well, and election.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Money. Period End of story.

The more candidates, the more money the DNC takes in. The more witch hunts, the more money the DNC takes in. The more Trump scandals, the more money the DNC takes in. I'm surprised the RNC isn't pushing for more GOP candidates to run against Trump. Candidates that would run against Trump, not bash him too much. But raise money until it's close to the end of the election season and then drop out.

It's been said, that the presidents are chosen months, maybe even a year before the actual election. And the election season is just a means of raising money for those who select who's gonna be our president. (And prominent congressmen) That sounds conspiratorial, I know. But it's not any more far fetched than the income tax, monetary policy or foreign policy.
Why the complaining? Are you trying to argue for another form of governance such as the parliamentary system?
It is a beauty pageant and job application process. If money is the complaint, money can be reduced in American politics, but mostly Republicans have opposed any restrictions.

Sep 2019
Here
Why the complaining? Are you trying to argue for another form of governance such as the parliamentary system?
It is a beauty pageant and job application process. If money is the complaint, money can be reduced in American politics, but mostly Republicans have opposed any restrictions.
I'm not trying to argue anything or for any kind of system. Just pointing out my thoughts.

Dems and the GOP both want as much money as they can get their hands on. The DNC isn't opposing restrictions on revenue. And wouldn't. Unless the GOP came up with a new and improved way of getting it. You know, like pacs and citizens united. Which they both enjoy now.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I'm not trying to argue anything or for any kind of system. Just pointing out my thoughts.

Dems and the GOP both want as much money as they can get their hands on. The DNC isn't opposing restrictions on revenue. And wouldn't. Unless the GOP came up with a new and improved way of getting it. You know, like pacs and citizens united. Which they both enjoy now.
"enjoy" suggests that everyone is in favor of the system. Democrats have regularly supported reductions in the money in politics. Given that the rules have been changed to support more money, Democrats have used the system promoted by Republicans. That is pragmatic. The system can be changed if Republicans supported limitations on the money in politics (as occurred when McCain legislated restrictions). It is disingenuous to make this situation a universally favored arrangement. It is a product of libertarian thinking by the Republican Party.

Sep 2019
Here
"enjoy" suggests that everyone is in favor of the system. Democrats have regularly supported reductions in the money in politics. Given that the rules have been changed to support more money, Democrats have used the system promoted by Republicans. That is pragmatic. The system can be changed if Republicans supported limitations on the money in politics (as occurred when McCain legislated restrictions). It is disingenuous to make this situation a universally favored arrangement. It is a product of libertarian thinking by the Republican Party.
Bullsnot. When the Democrats had the last majority, with a dem pres, they didn't do anything to reduce the amount of money in politics. Same as the GOP, when they had the last GOP majority and a R president. They could've made abortions illegal at the federal level. But they didn't.
Smoke and mirrors, my friend.

Stop listening to them. And start paying attention to what they do. You'll find too many times, they're two different things.
"What you do means a whole lot more than anything you've got to say".... Radney Foster from the song, "Everyday Angel"

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Bullsnot. When the Democrats had the last majority, with a dem pres, they didn't do anything to reduce the amount of money in politics. Same as the GOP, when they had the last GOP majority and a R president. They could've made abortions illegal at the federal level. But they didn't.
Smoke and mirrors, my friend.

Stop listening to them. And start paying attention to what they do. You'll find too many times, they're two different things.
"What you do means a whole lot more than anything you've got to say".... Radney Foster from the song, "Everyday Angel"
Bush opposed McCain-Feingold, McConnell opposes restrictions on financing, Republicans supported Citizens United lawsuit, etc. etc.
Clearly Republicans prefer more, rather than less, money in politics. It would be crazy for Democrats to voluntarily impose a hardship on campaigns by more restrictive financing. While soft money and large campaign financing is used by Democrats, that does not mean that Democrats prefer that system. It is merely a matter of survival to use the same weapons as your enemy. " Politics is warfare by other means. "

Sep 2019
Texas
Bush opposed McCain-Feingold, McConnell opposes restrictions on financing, Republicans supported Citizens United lawsuit, etc. etc.
Clearly Republicans prefer more, rather than less, money in politics. It would be crazy for Democrats to voluntarily impose a hardship on campaigns by more restrictive financing. While soft money and large campaign financing is used by Democrats, that does not mean that Democrats prefer that system. It is merely a matter of survival to use the same weapons as your enemy. " Politics is warfare by other means. "
Bush was/is a Democrat with an R after his name- as was McCain- as are most in DC- that they all subscribe to the same policy puts the proof in the puddin- in fact, it's obvious BOTH subscribe to the same hegemony which is financed by the fed reserve- to inflict hegemony it has to be financed- hegemony is a direct result of Neocon policy adherence- "clearly" neither gives anything more than lip service to anything of substance- BOTH use media hype and click bait bullshit to raise money, for the sake of raising money- and as long as citizens subscribe to their side is worthy of sainthood that bullshit will continue- and, Republicans wouldn't know a libertarian belief if it was tattooed on their forehead- what voters believe is click bait bullshit- MOST libertarians are leftist- hardcore libertarians were, at one time, early in their lives Democrats- "clearly" one can justify anything with an excuse, which is nothing more than an attempt to justify, usually lame and often, as is the case here, misdirected.
Warfare is created by one inflicting his will on another. Period. Who does what when is immaterial to the result, be it blow back or retaliation- politicians are not warriors, they are empty suits who create conflict so they remain relevant- they depend on ignorance and advance the ignorance by acting ignorant- acting being the key, they are puppets, directed by puppet masters which is why a large number are alcoholic- they can't stand looking at themselves (self awareness) because they realize they've sold their soul to the devil and the masses then are exploited by the Great American Exceptionalism- punish the many for the actions of the few.