Why you can't talk to a Leftist

Feb 2019
here and there

This video demonstrates the difference between a liberal and a leftist. A liberal and a conservative have common goals, border security, social justice, etc., but a Leftists has no such common goals.

For example, a Leftist when discussing border security says walls and ICE are evil or immoral. At that point, the conversation has ended before it began. There are not common goals to discuss in relation to using these tools to better protect the border. A Leftist is not interested in border security.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 2014
Heart of America

This video demonstrates the difference between a liberal and a leftist. A liberal and a conservative have common goals, border security, social justice, etc., but a Leftists has no such common goals.

For example, a Leftist when discussing border security says walls and ICE are evil or immoral. At that point, the conversation has ended before it began. There are not common goals to discuss in relation to using these tools to better protect the border. A Leftist is not interested in border security.
Jesus would love both of them and so would any good Christian.

Nov 2012
Rhondda
I don't know what a Leftist may be (something to do with the seating in the Assembly back in the times of the French Revolution, I believe), but the reason Organic Insensitivity finds it hard to have discussions with sensible people is that he knows no history and assumes whatever he has been brainwashed to believe is 'truth'. It hardly makes for useful discussion.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
This is a TOTALLY disingenuous video.
This spokesman is contrasting "the left" with conservatives.
But, he doesn't contrast "the right" with liberals.
He's playing the far left against centrist conservatives, but never plays the far right against centrist liberals.

Typical right wing propaganda play.

May 2018
Chicago
He's playing the far left against centrist conservatives, but never plays the far right against centrist liberals.

Yep, try talking to a righty at a Unite the Right rally. That just gets you run over by a car or shot at.

The OP is just another Russian bot.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Well today they would have shouted down Jesus and censored him on the internet on places like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube.

But back then they just nailed you to a cross.
The Romans and the Pharisees shouted Jesus down but that didn't stop him from speaking. Are you making excuses for posting an unChristian video?

Wasn't that the plan? The Jesus be nailed to a cross for our sins?

Apr 2014
Heart of America

Agreed. Lying isn't a Christian goal. Obviously the maker of the video isn't a Christian like some here claim to be.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
For example, a Leftist when discussing border security says walls and ICE are evil or immoral. At that point, the conversation has ended before it began. .
I actually agree there is a difference between a liberal and a leftists, just as I believe there's a difference between a conservative and a con. Liberals and conservatives have thought through their positions and have a foundation behind their beliefs. Leftists and cons claim to be liberals and conservatives, but don't really have a case to support their positions.

However this particular quote is a pretty piss poor attempt to have a discussion. When having discussions like this I want to know "What do you believe and why do you believe it?" The position you've posted addresses what the leftists believes but makes no attempt to understand why the believe it. You've essentially said "What do you believe" then when you get the answer say "Yea there's no need to talk to you."

Not very productive.

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
The guy in video claims that the left rejects American values, but he fails to say one thing about the (the big elephant in the room) right wing or the alt-right and their let's-get-together rally in Charlottesville VA. He asks what side are you on? - - the left's or conservatives & liberals? My answer: I'm on the side that most vigorously opposes the Nazis and white supremacists. In his opinion, I suppose that makes me a leftist.