Woman Behind Roe v. Wade: “I’m Dedicating My Life to Overturning It”

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I find it interesting that these historical facts are conveniently left out of the narrative.

Norma McCorvey never wanted an abortion — she was seeking a divorce from her husband — but young, pro-abortion feminist attorney Sarah Weddington used McCorvey’s case as a means of attempting to overturn Texas’ law making most abortions illegal. Weddington took the case all the way to the Supreme Court, which invalidated every pro-life state law in the nation protecting unborn children and the rest is history.

But most Americans don’t know that McCorvey, who was “pro-choice” on abortion at the time, is now a pro-life advocate. She is now dedicated to reversing the Supreme Court case that bears her fictitious name, Jane Roe.

In a video, McCorvey explains her effort to obtain a legal abortion in the 1970s when facing an unplanned pregnancy. However, she has never had an abortion and now realizes that her court case was the biggest mistake of her life and currently fights to stop abortion.

“Back in 1973, I was a very confused twenty-one year old with one child and facing an unplanned pregnancy,” she says in the ad. “At the time I fought to obtain a legal abortion, but truth be told, I have three daughters and never had an abortion.”

“I think it’s safe to say that the entire abortion industry is based on a lie…. I am dedicated to spending the rest of my life undoing the law that bears my name,” McCorvey says.

Woman Behind Roe v. Wade: "I'm Dedicating My Life to Overturning It" | LifeNews.com

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Not only did the Supreme Court's opinion violate the Constitution and federalism, the opinion was based on one lie after another. Roe should be overturned and abortion should be left up the states, but statists, being statists, have to control every aspect of an individual and state existance.

An aside, I think she died a year or so ago.

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
Not only did the Supreme Court's opinion violate the Constitution and federalism, the opinion was based on one lie after another. Roe should be overturned and abortion should be left up the states, but statists, being statists, have to control every aspect of an individual and state existance.

Another blanket assertion of yours that's rich with irony.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

This is what i find so interesting about NY. It is obviously nothing more than a political push, further planting the seed that "if we dont stop the fascists they will come for your "rights" as they proactively exercise "states rights" simultaneously glorifying federal rule. It is a complete oxymoron but the leftists are not smart enough to recognize it.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

Really? People who advocate giving women a CHOICE are the ones who want to control “every aspect of an individual” existence???

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I find it interesting that these historical facts are conveniently left out of the narrative.

Norma McCorvey never wanted an abortion — she was seeking a divorce from her husband — but young, pro-abortion feminist attorney Sarah Weddington used McCorvey’s case as a means of attempting to overturn Texas’ law making most abortions illegal. Weddington took the case all the way to the Supreme Court, which invalidated every pro-life state law in the nation protecting unborn children and the rest is history.

But most Americans don’t know that McCorvey, who was “pro-choice” on abortion at the time, is now a pro-life advocate. She is now dedicated to reversing the Supreme Court case that bears her fictitious name, Jane Roe.

In a video, McCorvey explains her effort to obtain a legal abortion in the 1970s when facing an unplanned pregnancy. However, she has never had an abortion and now realizes that her court case was the biggest mistake of her life and currently fights to stop abortion.

“Back in 1973, I was a very confused twenty-one year old with one child and facing an unplanned pregnancy,” she says in the ad. “At the time I fought to obtain a legal abortion, but truth be told, I have three daughters and never had an abortion.”

“I think it’s safe to say that the entire abortion industry is based on a lie…. I am dedicated to spending the rest of my life undoing the law that bears my name,” McCorvey says.

Woman Behind Roe v. Wade: "I'm Dedicating My Life to Overturning It" | LifeNews.com
So an individual changed her mind? What makes her opinion more important that the millions who want legal abortion to stay legal?

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Really? People who advocate giving women a CHOICE are the ones who want to control “every aspect of an individual” existence???
Violating the Constitution and federalism to take away a state's plenary powers and rights is what liberals advocate. The US would be a much better place if violating the Constitution was part of the treason clause.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
So an individual changed her mind? What makes her opinion more important that the millions who want legal abortion to stay legal?

She is glorified as some sort of Rosa parks historical figure but her actual story is not given.

She was not raped

She did not have an abortion

She regrets her part in the whole process

Those are pretty important facts that get conveniently left out of the mythology.

I find it interesting

Nov 2012
Michigan
Yes, absolutely. Restrictions on free speech , hate ( thought) crimes, mandating which light bulbs to buy, and on and on and on...