Women take no respnsibility

May 2013
arkansas
This: I'm afraid that dressing that way for yourself is something that some men cannot wrap their brains around. In their minds, you dressed that way for them, and them only. And how dare you get upset when they do what, they believe, you are obviously begging them to do!

Imo, this is taking a way too black and white view of a very complex subject filled with subtleties and innuendos .... and in some cases, confusion. What do you mean by "that way"?

Some guys, maybe most, will "get it," meaning, just because a woman dresses in "that way" which is sure to stir the electrons in a man's on-board harness of hard -wiring, and, as Lyzza admitted, deliberately so, that doesn't mean "all are welcome." But some won't get it.

And while some of those men who don't get it are jerks who deliberately don't get it, some aren't. Some are unsophisticated and/or inexperienced, guys that haven't quite figured out that the way to get a woman who might be interested in ya is to ignore her, and rebuff her advances.... :cool:
I mean....in a way that makes a woman feel attractive.

We are programed from birth to 'look attractive'. It's drummed into us from the first time our mothers gaze at us. Honestly....what mother wants a ugly frumpy daughter.

Look at TV and movies. The women are mostly attractive and built well. Look at the amount of beauty advertisements in all media areas. Check out the clothing and makeup ads in magazines and tv shows directed at teenage girls.

All of this conspires to make us feel bad about ourselves if we don't look good.

I have been a widow for a little over five months now, and I am still at least a year, probably more from having any interest in a man in any way other than a friend. BUT.....when I go out with friends or family, I still dress to 'look good'. I still put on makeup and do my hair. I simply feel better when I look good.

To be perfectly honest, lately I wish that widows weeds would come back into fashion. A woman could still look good while making it perfectly clear that she is in mourning.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
For some women typical day at the office dress. Short skirt. Open blouse. High heels to draw attention to buttocks. Makeup arrayed to imitate a female at the height of sexual arousal.

I submit corresponding attire for a male might be : no shirt. Tight pants. Thrusting hips.

But there is no possibility of any kind of parity here since it is a biological fact males are more subject to visual stimulus than females.
So maybe a rule that allows rape in circumstances where a women looks "too hot"?
Is that where this is leading?
"I'm sorry, but if your appearance makes my penis twitch, all bets are off"

or are you looking for an "All Burka Dress code"
that's funny because I never saw you as a Sharia Law type.....

Oct 2010
Colorado
I mean....in a way that makes a woman feel attractive.

We are programed from birth to 'look attractive'. It's drummed into us from the first time our mothers gaze at us. Honestly....what mother wants a ugly frumpy daughter.

Look at TV and movies. The women are mostly attractive and built well. Look at the amount of beauty advertisements in all media areas. Check out the clothing and makeup ads in magazines and tv shows directed at teenage girls.

All of this conspires to make us feel bad about ourselves if we don't look good.

I have been a widow for a little over five months now, and I am still at least a year, probably more from having any interest in a man in any way other than a friend. BUT.....when I go out with friends or family, I still dress to 'look good'. I still put on makeup and do my hair. I simply feel better when I look good.

To be perfectly honest, lately I wish that widows weeds would come back into fashion. A woman could still look good while making it perfectly clear that she is in mourning.
:)

I understand, to some degree. "Lookism" is indeed drummed into women's heads from the time they are little girls. On the one hand, why not look good? But on the other hand, a woman, or a man, should be comfortable NOT looking good. And that seems to be very difficult for some women, my wife being one.

I really wish women could feel good about themselves when they aren't looking good. I've no idea how this dynamic can be
changed. "Hippie chicks" gave it a good run. At one point, I thought women really had freed themselves from the absurdity of ... these:

I'm a body worker, and those things alter a woman's bones and muscles and not in a good way.

May 2013
arkansas

I understand, to some degree. "Lookism" is indeed drummed into women's heads from the time they are little girls. On the one hand, why not look good? But on the other hand, a woman, or a man, should be comfortable NOT looking good. And that seems to be very difficult for some women, my wife being one.

I really wish women could feel good about themselves when they aren't looking good. I've no idea how this dynamic can be changed. "Hippie chicks" gave it a good run. At one point, I thought women really had freed themselves from the absurdity of ... these:

I'm a body worker, and those things alter a woman's bones and muscles and not in a good way.
I used to be able to wear those for hours and hours. Now....they're saved for very special occasions.

Apr 2013
La La Land North

I really wish women could feel good about themselves when they aren't looking good. I've no idea how this dynamic can be changed. "Hippie chicks" gave it a good run. At one point, I thought women really had freed themselves from the absurdity of ... these:

There's a pic of Melania trying to use a spade to plant a tree in shoes like that. It was disgusting.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Back on topic. I still don't have any sympathy for the "unsophisticated" who still think grabbing is OK. If you are to exist in this society, some basis knowledge is justifiably to be expected.