Women take no respnsibility

Oct 2010
Colorado
They make the legs appear longer, the display the butt at a better angle, and the fact that they are the furthest thing from sensible says 'sexy' the way a fur coat says 'money'.
:)

I found this:

I’m tall myself, (5′10) and i don’t wear anything but high heels. It’s just a shoe, regardless if it makes your taller or not. The feeling of heels can make your confidence feel incredible so that’s one reason they probably love heels, There’s really endless reasons to love them, They’re cute with every outfit, They shape your legs better and instantly make you feel feminine and girly. It’s also nice to receive compliments on them by fellow shoe addicts. It’s a great way to express your style as well.

Look at the assumptions and rules made by "society" never questioned, just taken as fact.

Confidence

Shape your legs better

Instantly make you feel feminine and girly

A way to express your style

I think it's sad. I'm a man who finds heels on a woman "none of the above," but then, I'm weird in other ways too.

Feb 2014
Oregon
I've seen social expectations change dramatically over the past 50 years, but I've long...maybe always been of the impression that men have the greater share of responsibility to change how they think about and approach women than vice versa, because of workplace expectations. Sure there are lots of times when a woman will show interest in and try to seduce a man at work, BUT I suppose a man bites a dog every once in awhile also! The norm has been...especially in formerly male workplaces that started incorporating women for the first time is that the guys need to learn how to act and change what they're doing if complaints start coming in about what they say or how they behave. Sometimes it might be all about nothing...but usually where there's smoke, there's a fire burning...like it or not.
I can't resist your civil reply. Thank you for addressing the fact that some women use sex to get ahead and in some cases it is like setting out a dish of cookies and then objecting if someone nibbles on one. I am also very sure the few men who tried to convince me they were rich, were not rich. This thread could be very different if it were treated as an ethical issue. I do not believe it is ethical to use sex to get ahead, nor to seduce a woman with talk about wealth. We should not make others believe we will give want we have no intention of giving. However, it is an error to generalize the compliant to all women are irresponsible temptresses.

On the other hand, given my experience with men, I do not trust males. This is not an acceptance of the good old boys club, and some males are trustworthy of trust, but we should not be naive. Protecting ourselves has to be our own responsibility or we are at risk. The law doesn't come to our defense until it is too late.

May 2013
arkansas
:)

I found this:

I’m tall myself, (5′10) and i don’t wear anything but high heels. It’s just a shoe, regardless if it makes your taller or not. The feeling of heels can make your confidence feel incredible so that’s one reason they probably love heels, There’s really endless reasons to love them, They’re cute with every outfit, They shape your legs better and instantly make you feel feminine and girly. It’s also nice to receive compliments on them by fellow shoe addicts. It’s a great way to express your style as well.

Look at the assumptions and rules made by "society" never questioned, just taken as fact.

Confidence

Shape your legs better

Instantly make you feel feminine and girly

A way to express your style

I think it's sad. I'm a man who finds heels on a woman "none of the above," but then, I'm weird in other ways too.
There is the entire argument in a nut shell. The only people she mentioned admiring her were 'other shoe addicts'. She never even came close to saying anything about attracting men.

The shoes aren't about attracting men, they're about pleasing us.

Oct 2010
Colorado
I think young men would benefit from practicing celibacy for a while. I did it from about age 25 to 27. OK, yes, I broke my vow a couple of times, but I was a decent-looking mildly successful artist at the time, and I had plenty of opportunities and when I turned them down, my actions resulted in some confused women and speculation that I was gay.

But, it was amazing to watch the sexual swirl around me, and how relationships were molded by it. The truth: It felt good not to be a part of it, for a while anyway.

Feb 2014
Oregon
dyke | Definition of dyke in English by Oxford Dictionaries

Dictionary result for dyke
/dīk/
noun
INFORMAL•OFFENSIVE

1. a lesbian.

And are the words queer and gay offensive? I am sure those words have offended people. I thought dyke meant a masculine female who is attracted to females. Isn't being offended by that word like dressing like a clown and acting like a clown and being offended by the word "clown"?

The meaning of the word Dyke is more interesting than I expected. This is from wikipedia...

‎In ancient Greek culture, Dike or Dice[1] (/ˈdiːkeɪ, ˈdɪkiː/ or /ˈdaɪsi/ [2]; Greek: Δίκη, "Justice") is the goddess of justice and the spirit of moral order and fair judgement based on immemorial custom, in the sense of socially enforced norms and conventional rules. According to Hesiod (Theogony, l. 901), she was fathered by Zeus upon his second consort, Themis. She and her mother are both personifications of justice. She is depicted as a young, slender woman carrying a physical balance scale and wearing a laurel wreath. She is represented in the constellation Libra which is named for the Latin name of her symbol (Scales). She is often associated with Astraea, the goddess of innocence and purity. Astraea is also one of her epithets referring to her appearance in the nearby constellation Virgo which is said to represent Astraea. This reflects her symbolic association with Astraea, who too has a similar iconography.

That is a totally different imagine of a dyke than the large masculine women on the beach who appeared threatening to me because of their size, and masculine appearance and behavior. However, I regret using the term. I regret posting to this thread. I will ban myself for a week or two.

Nov 2005
California
And are the words queer and gay offensive?
queer
d) often disparaging + offensive
(1): sexually attracted to members of the same sex : HOMOSEXUAL, GAY
(2): of, relating to, or used by homosexuals : GAY sense 4b

gay? No.

I am sure those words have offended people. I thought dyke meant a masculine female who is attracted to females.
When properly engaged, people can learn something new from forum discussions.
"dyke" is often used offensively.

Isn't being offended by that word like dressing like a clown and acting like a clown and being offended by the word "clown"?
The word "clown" is not offensive.
Some people simply grew up in a different time when the category itself was something deemed offensive and some words were just used in that regard. Like "grandpa" using the n-word because that's the way he grew up, not appreciating the historical context.

I grew up in the midwest and talked to a friend who used the phrase "jew them down". I said that is kind of offensive and he asked what word he should use so I mentioned "haggle".

The meaning of the word Dyke is more interesting than I expected. This is from wikipedia...
Words have different meanings. In wikipedia, there is often a disambiguation page to help people not land on the wrong page for a certain word.

Here's the real article for that...
Dyke (slang) - Wikipedia
Dyke (slang)
The term dyke or dike is a slang noun meaning lesbian; it is also a slang adjective describing things associated with lesbianism. It originated as a homophobic and misogynistic slur for a masculine, tomboyish, or butch woman; while this pejorative usage still exists, the term dyke has been reappropriated by lesbians to an extent as a word implying assertiveness and toughness, or simply as a neutral synonym for lesbian.[1]

You'll note it reaffirms your above assessment (masculine female) but also explicitly notes "It originated as a homophobic and misogynistic slur ..."

That is a totally different imagine of a dyke than the large masculine women on the beach who appeared threatening to me because of their size, and masculine appearance and behavior. However, I regret using the term. I regret posting to this thread. I will ban myself for a week or two.
I hope you're joking about the last part.