Women take no respnsibility

May 2013
arkansas
Despite the repeated scurrilous accusations I have never posted anything to suggest men are not responsible for controlling themselves. If a woman with a dynamite hot body walks naked into an office that does not give men open license to take liberties.

But we see here demonstrated in many posts that women are held to no responsibility regardless.
That is because women are not responsible for the behavior of men. Unless of course the 'man' is a little boy and the woman is his mother.

Nov 2012
Rhondda
That is because women are not responsible for the behavior of men. Unless of course the 'man' is a little boy and the woman is his mother.
I believe the Jesuits used to say, 'Give me a child until it is (some early age I've forgotten) you can have him afterwards'. By and large, it is mothers who are given the job of shaping young boys . If you ask me, however, it is cultures that actually shape people's behaviour, and blame-games don't help anybody much.

Last edited:
May 2013
arkansas
I believe the Jesuits used to say, 'Give me a child until it is (some early age I forgotten) you can have him afterwards'. By and large, it is mothers who are given the job of shaping young boys . If you ask me, howevber, it is cultures that actually shape people's behaviour, and blame-games don't help anybody much.
I myself have spent many years overcoming the teachings of my childhood. It is not an easy thing to do.

Actions tend to speak louder than words. Boys who watch their fathers abuse their mothers tend to abuse their wives and girlfriends later on. Girls who watch the same thing tend to grow up believing that this type of behavior is acceptable.

Nov 2012
Rhondda
I myself have spent many years overcoming the teachings of my childhood. It is not an easy thing to do.

Actions tend to speak louder than words. Boys who watch their fathers abuse their mothers tend to abuse their wives and girlfriends later on. Girls who watch the same thing tend to grow up believing that this type of behavior is acceptable.
It is all pretty weird, isn't it, because people's behaviour is influence somehow by nonsense whatever they do. My maternal grandfather contentedly paid for my mother to get a degree (which wasn't that common back then), which he owed her, really, considering she'd been driving him (illegally even then) around since she was fourteen, but he still managed to drive her women teachers up the wall by his sexist jokes! It's going to take us years to grow up, alas!

May 2013
arkansas
It is all pretty weird, isn't it, because people's behaviour is influence somehow by nonsense whatever they do. My maternal grandfather contentedly paid for my mother to get a degree (which wasn't that common back then), which he owed her, really, considering she'd been driving him (illegally even then) around since she was fourteen, but he still managed to drive her women teachers up the wall by his sexist jokes! It's going to take us years to grow up, alas!
Personally, I think that intelligence has a great deal to do with it. The more intelligent a person is, the more likely they are to understand and accept that they way they have been brought up is wrong and the more likely they are to do something about it.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Despite the repeated scurrilous accusations I have never posted anything to suggest men are not responsible for controlling themselves. If a woman with a dynamite hot body walks naked into an office that does not give men open license to take liberties.

But we see here demonstrated in many posts that women are held to no responsibility regardless.
We live in a society where the norms of society, the culture is splashed all over the media.
If a woman sees women in the movies, on TV, in magazines wearing certain styles, and when she goes to the store, there are those styles for her to try on, and oh, look, 40% off. That is her taking responsibility for how she looks.

If it makes you uncomfortable, head down to the local monastery and renounce worldly things.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Here's a woman taking responsibility seriously:

Kym Worthy
She's the first black woman to serve as county prosecutor in Detroit's Wayne County and has worked to end the backlog of thousands of untested rape kits in the city. Her work led to the discovery of more than 800 serial rapists.

Make sure you know about Worthy and other black leaders championing today's biggest issues.

Take any state--any state--and you'll find a backlog of untested rape kits.

Nov 2012
Michigan
Here's a woman taking responsibility seriously:

Kym Worthy
She's the first black woman to serve as county prosecutor in Detroit's Wayne County and has worked to end the backlog of thousands of untested rape kits in the city. Her work led to the discovery of more than 800 serial rapists.

Make sure you know about Worthy and other black leaders championing today's biggest issues.

Take any state--any state--and you'll find a backlog of untested rape kits.
I applaud the work of Kym Worthy

Nov 2012
Michigan
Some years ago, working in a factory situation, I was door operator on a large molding press. The part being made was large and difficult to get right. An appliqué was placed in the mold and then hot plastic injected onto it. Quirks required special treatment of the appliqué before and after the injection molding. It was common in this factory for some to play cds. I found myself in a situation with a young nubile girl dancing inches away from me to a song lyric of “l’m gonna ride that baloney all night long”.

One wrong move and I am fired and possibly arrested. I did control myself. I am not a sexual predator. I am a victim of sexual harassment in this situation.