Women take no respnsibility

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
The authorities could encourage marriage for 'emotional' reasons, because communist systems had taken the financial necessities out of marriage...even child support!

As I've mentione elsewhere, according to ethnologist - Kristen Ghodsee's studies and interviews from Bulgaria and the former East Germany(gathered together in her book: Red Hangover), during the communist period, men often wrote complaining about women in official and unofficial clandestine media, with grievances about young women behaving badly, refusing marriage offers, refusing to cook for them after getting married etc.. It was likely mostly older men noticing cultural changes in societies that had become less patriarchal, so unmarried men felt like 'they had to compete' against other men to be noticed by prospective females...during a time when common people all had equivalent earnings and accommodations, and even working women who were having children, didn't have to worry about support from a man.

After the fall of communist systems, everything changed back, because capitalism, by its very nature, is patriarchal and hierarchical, and on average favors the interests of men over women! So, women all over Eastern Europe, are mostly back in the same box they were in before 1917, and that is no doubt, the major reason why the happiness index ratings for women are so dismal compared to those of men!
We saw some of this same phenomenon here after WW2. With so many men off to fight the war, it was inevitable that women would fill what had traditionally been "mens" rolls in factories and offices all over the county. Rosie the riveter !! Some how those women, who shouldn't have been able to do those jobs, managed to supply all the tanks, planes, ships, guns and ammo we needed to win the war. In doing so they experienced the kind of individual freedom very few ever had. They didn't "need" a man to take care of them. Many of them were reluctant to resume the old roll models of what women should want and need.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Yes, every time I see something about the negative health effects of high heels, I start thinking of the old books and articles of upper class socialite women squeezing or worse...needing an assistant to squeeze them tightly into a corset, so they could look "presentable" at a fancy party or whatever. Some women even sustained internal organ damage like ruptured spleens from this lunacy of the 18th and 19th century late 'enlightenment.'

About "wearing flats or going barefoot," that's how everyone should go about, and if it hurts, that means damage has been done! The orthotics industry hates it, but over the past 15 years, a barefoot running fad has turned into a major movement that the "experts" can no longer suppress, because so many lifelong runners start pulling up with cartilage-wear and even more serious joint damage from years of running in newer running shoes with springy, foam midsoles that make it almost impossible to even feel the surface.

You would have thought that would prevent harm/ yet the exact opposite has occurred because, according to sports physiologists, running shoes with the typical half to one inch heel drop to toe, encourages runners to heel-strike each time they hit the ground (as it did with me for over 30 years). By doing this, the only shock absorption available is in that foam cushion because the heel, unlike landing midfoot-first as someone would do without the shoes on, has no ability to absorb shock, BUT the kicker is that the cushion causes a series of small shocks to be received and transmitted by the nervous system to the brain that are too small to be significant. Whereas, if the runner didn't have shoes on, or was wearing minimal shoes with no cushioning, one big shock would get the message across Not to do that again! Long way of saying that I've continued on running after a brief absence in a series of minimal shoes that just protect the feet and do nothing else. Changing the way I run has meant a further slowdown in average speed...along with the slowing down that comes regularly after age-40, but at least my joints aren't crippled and I can still run about half the miles each week that I did before my late-40's when I started having problems and began wasting money on expensive orthotics bullshit...that just delays and doesn't fix joint problems!
Orthotics have a place, like in a downhill ski boot.

I did some barefoot hiking last year, though in the Rockies ya gotta be careful. Even so, it was enjoyable.

As a runner in my late-40s, I developed a style I've never seen discussed. I heel strike first, but with slightly bent knees. The effect is as if my feet rather than being flat are shaped like arcs. My feet roll when they contact the ground and the toes can powerfully flex. There's very little impact. The upper body is quiet, like in downhill skiing, and the result feels very much like floating across the ground. Try it sometime.

Oct 2010
Colorado
The authorities could encourage marriage for 'emotional' reasons, because communist systems had taken the financial necessities out of marriage...even child support!

As I've mentione elsewhere, according to ethnologist - Kristen Ghodsee's studies and interviews from Bulgaria and the former East Germany(gathered together in her book: Red Hangover), during the communist period, men often wrote complaining about women in official and unofficial clandestine media, with grievances about young women behaving badly, refusing marriage offers, refusing to cook for them after getting married etc.. It was likely mostly older men noticing cultural changes in societies that had become less patriarchal, so unmarried men felt like 'they had to compete' against other men to be noticed by prospective females...during a time when common people all had equivalent earnings and accommodations, and even working women who were having children, didn't have to worry about support from a man.

After the fall of communist systems, everything changed back, because capitalism, by its very nature, is patriarchal and hierarchical, and on average favors the interests of men over women! So, women all over Eastern Europe, are mostly back in the same box they were in before 1917, and that is no doubt, the major reason why the happiness index ratings for women are so dismal compared to those of men!
Perhaps so, but you're leaving out a very real dynamic that was in full play under the Soviet system.

Hard-working intelligent men were compensated similarly to slugs and slouches who did just what they needed to do to satisfy the bosses. This led to alcoholism.

Nov 2012
Michigan
Sexual Harassment
Sexual Harassment
It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.
Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.
Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).
The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.

And the circumstances of the job required our close proximity. So actually I was in effect tied to a chair and forced to submit to a lap dance.

I fail to see how a woman dancing while working falls under the definition of 'sexual harassment'. Unless of course she tied poor helpless webguy to a chair and forced a lap dance on him!
The actions of this young woman and my being made uncomfortable exactly fit your posted definition of sexual harassment. She was shaking her butt inches from me to music with sexually explicit lyrics. As a healthy young male trying to retain fidelity to my wife it was uncomfortable and unwelcome.

This illustrates part of the problem with sexual harassment laws. The “intent” takes place in the mind of the victim, not the perpetrator.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
The actions of this young woman and my being made uncomfortable exactly fit your posted definition of sexual harassment. She was shaking her butt inches from me to music with sexually explicit lyrics. As a healthy young male trying to retain fidelity to my wife it was uncomfortable and unwelcome.

This illustrates part of the problem with sexual harassment laws. The “intent” takes place in the mind of the victim, not the perpetrator.

So here's the real question !!! DID YOU REPORT HER TO MANAGEMENT ?? Did you file a complaint ?? Did you do anything, other than wish to god you could take your hard dick and head for the bathroom for a quicky jerk ??

Apr 2013
Left coast

You just don't get it. Were you feeling threatened or being coerced into doing something you didn't want to do or do you just not have any self-control?

It still sounds to me like you are formulating a powerful argument for mandating niqabs since all men are bulls.

Nov 2012
Michigan
So here's the real question !!! DID YOU REPORT HER TO MANAGEMENT ?? Did you file a complaint ?? Did you do anything, other than wish to god you could take your hard dick and head for the bathroom for a quicky jerk ??
After this event music players were banned at presses.

Nov 2012
Michigan
You just don't get it. Were you feeling threatened or being coerced into doing something you didn't want to do or do you just not have any self-control?

It still sounds to me like you are formulating a powerful argument for mandating niqabs since all men are bulls.
Pretend u just made this comment to a woman.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
After this event music players were banned at presses.
But did you specifically file a complaint of sexual harassment ??? That's the argument you made here. That her gyrating body was creating a hostile work environment for you. That you shouldn't have to put up with watching (what I am assuming was a reasonably attractive woman) dancing ??