Would really like a Trump defender to answer this ...

Dec 2018
New England
If, as many on the Trump camp contend, the President's requested "favor" from Zelensky was all about getting to the bottom of supposed corruption, why was the point of contact given Trump's personal lawyer and not someone from the Justice Department?

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2019
Georgia
I'm no trump defender (obviously) and I think you've posed a good question that has no good answer.

Giuliani has no business meddling in our foreign affairs on behalf of the United States

I'd also like to know who was paying him to do all this work?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
If, as many on the Trump camp contend, the President's requested "favor" from Zelensky was all about getting to the bottom of supposed corruption, why was the point of contact given Trump's personal lawyer and not someone from the Justice Department?

He did his job.. There has been an investigation of Biden's corruption with the Ukraine since 2017 (BEFORE he was running for office, he was stating he was not even thinking of running).. The previous President of Ukraine refused to cooperate with the investigation, Trump in conjuction with the Justice and State Departments asked the newly elected President, to cooperate with an ongoing investigation

Hate to tell you this, THAT IS THE PRESIDENT doing his job.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I'm no trump defender (obviously) and I think you've posed a good question that has no good answer.

Giuliani has no business meddling in our foreign affairs on behalf of the United States

I'd also like to know who was paying him to do all this work?
Actually he does, the State Department asked him to do so in 2017.... oops... This was BEFORE he was on Trump's legal team.

Reactions: webguy4

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
He did his job.. There has been an investigation of Biden's corruption with the Ukraine since 2017 (BEFORE he was running for office, he was stating he was not even thinking of running).. The previous President of Ukraine refused to cooperate with the investigation, Trump in conjuction with the Justice and State Departments asked the newly elected President, to cooperate with an ongoing investigation

Dodge.

Why was the point of contact given Trump's personal lawyer and not someone from the Justice Department?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin

The question was, why did he send his personal lawyer and not use anyone of the thousands of staff at the Department of Justice. That’s the question if you’d care to address it.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
The question was, why did he send his personal lawyer and not use anyone of the thousands of staff at the Department of Justice. That’s the question if you’d care to address it.
Once again for the one that is ignorant of the facts

1. Trump did not send him
2. He was not Trumps personal lawyer when he was sent
3. Rudy was a very successful prosecutor at the time he was being sent, Rudy was looking at getting a job in the Justice Department
4. It was not until after the vist, that he became Trump's personal lawyer.

Reactions: webguy4

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Once again for the one that is ignorant of the facts

1. Trump did not send him
2. He was not Trumps personal lawyer when he was sent
3. Rudy was a very successful prosecutor at the time he was being sent, Rudy was looking at getting a job in the Justice Department
4. It was not until after the vist, that he became Trump's personal lawyer.
Prove what you claim.