Would you eat these GM eggs under a doctor's recommendation

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
How do you think different species emerged in the first place? Through many random mutations and natural selection. The gene editing technology is just doing it deliberately.
You are wrong.

The truth is: The particulars of evolution are not precisely understood, however, transgenic species never occurred without the technology of gene splicing/editing.

Jun 2018
Toronto
You are wrong.

The truth is: The particulars of evolution are not precisely understood, however, transgenic species never occurred without the technology of gene splicing/editing.
A lot of things never occur without technology.
A bottle of beer never occurred naturally, but it still quite delicious, despite the use of brewing technology.

:)

We should be cautious, but not dismiss progress.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
A lot of things never occur without technology.
A bottle of beer never occurred naturally, but it still quite delicious, despite the use of brewing technology.

:)

We should be cautious, but not dismiss progress.
Agreed.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Exactly. If the same process is being done naturally it's called hybridizaton.
Also the earth does get pummeled by high energy X-rays and gamma rays. These can cause genetic changes. Fortunately, most are benign. Some are deadly. A prof of mine way back when suggested it might be a factor in miscarriages.

But the odd one can cause the type of fundamental change IT refers to.

May 2018
USA
Have you ever eaten catfish caught up Shit Creek? I'm warning ya, don't go up there without a paddle....
There's a sitcom on Netflix called "Schitt's Creek". I highly recommend it. It's about a super rich family that loses their wealth because of a crooked lawyer and they move to a town the family bought, as a joke, years before. The town's name: Schitt's Creek. Funny show.

Reactions: imaginethat

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
There's a sitcom on Netflix called "Schitt's Creek". I highly recommend it. It's about a super rich family that loses their wealth because of a crooked lawyer and they move to a town the family bought, as a joke, years before. The town's name: Schitt's Creek. Funny show.
Going to be pretty dang cold here for a few days.....

I'll check it out.

Apr 2014
redacted
Not only no but Hell no. Would you eat the shrimp from Shit River? Terrible tasting but I ate it.
GM isn't from Shit River. I did eat "chicken" in Olongapo. Good stuff....especially when hungry and after six to eight San Miguels. No shrimp that I saw...but I did wing some pesos out to the kids in Shit River.