Would you want an NHS?

How should health care be treated

• 1) a human right provided for by the government and paid for with tax dollars

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 2) not a right but the government should play a role in making health care affordable and available

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 3) up to the individual and private charity and in no way a right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4) we live till we die , why not make free ice cream a right?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
we have a police force , we have public schools , and government fire departments, we have a government run military, and government run trains (amtrack) why shouldn't health care be provided for in the same way?

Nov 2012
Rhondda
we have a police force , we have public schools , and government fire departments, we have a government run military, and government run trains (amtrack) why shouldn't health care be provided for in the same way?
Because medics and drug companies make a packet out of the absurd shambles that happens in the US, and profit is always EFFICIENT, clearly, as they tell us one hundred and twenty times an hour.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Bill, I wish you wouldn't use the word "RIGHT" because Jimmy will be all over this thread like fleas on a dog. UGH.

AND those who want to shut down the government entirely will ALSO jump into this with their hair on fire, but here are the facts.
There are things -- lots and lots and lots of things---that a government CAN do that individuals cannot do.
Most Americans can't build highways, railroads, schools, hospitals, and libraries. Most Americans can't provide military protection for ourselves and our families. Most Americans can't keep watch over our clean air and water. Most Americans can't create communication systems, cell towers, internet capability. Most Americans can't build hydroelectric dams, fields of windmills, electric plants and nuclear-powered energy.
AND now we find that most Americans can't afford healthcare--hospital visits--surgical procedures, medications. Americans are dying--sooner, rather than later.
All the above are not RIGHTS. They are protections. They are shields. They are securities which make our lives (or at least they used to) the envy of the world. Healthcare should be included in those protections, IF the U.S. wants to remain the best (or at least ONE of the best) countries in the world.....because right now, WE ARE NOT great. We are no longer the envy of the world.

Dec 2018
New England
Bill, I wish you wouldn't use the word "RIGHT" because Jimmy will be all over this thread like fleas on a dog. UGH.

AND those who want to shut down the government entirely will ALSO jump into this with their hair on fire, but here are the facts.
There are things -- lots and lots and lots of things---that a government CAN do that individuals cannot do.
Most Americans can't build highways, railroads, schools, hospitals, and libraries. Most Americans can't provide military protection for ourselves and our families. Most Americans can't keep watch over our clean air and water. Most Americans can't create communication systems, cell towers, internet capability. Most Americans can't build hydroelectric dams, fields of windmills, electric plants and nuclear-powered energy.
AND now we find that most Americans can't afford healthcare--hospital visits--surgical procedures, medications. Americans are dying--sooner, rather than later.
All the above are not RIGHTS. They are protections. They are shields. They are securities which make our lives (or at least they used to) the envy of the world. Healthcare should be included in those protections, IF the U.S. wants to remain the best (or at least ONE of the best) countries in the world.....because right now, WE ARE NOT great. We are no longer the envy of the world.
Spot on. As posed, it’s not a right. It’s an entitlement.

The question is also too limiting in that it does not pose a hybrid system based on market economics and government subsidies for those who cannot afford to participate in the market. That is essentially what we do for two necessities even more basic than healthcare: food and shelter.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio

i dont change what i say because it might anger or offend if it does tough, jimmy? why would i care what he says or does i say bring it

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio

The question is also too limiting in that it does not pose a hybrid system based on market economics and government subsidies for those who cannot afford to participate in the market. That is essentially what we do for two necessities even more basic than healthcare: food and shelter.
it is a human right whee i come from and i am bringing to your ignorant selfish americans.. this is war this is revolution and i say bring it!!!

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio

second choice

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio

those are human rights too!

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio