"You didn't build that" and the conservative lie

Feb 2018
Oregon
Conservatives scrambled to quickly do damage control when Obama said of them and their businesses "you didn't build that".

It turns out Obama was correct. As one example of the facts at work on this we can consider the railroads. They have been essential to industry from the beginning to assist in the cheap distribution of goods and the maximization of profit and wealth. But in fact the railroads were built with very funding from others (stocks, bonds), with millions of acres in land grants, and with many workers' lives. That funding and construction began in the late 1800s and continues today:

Hundreds of thousands of Chinese and Irish immigrants worked long days and 6 days a week building railroads, putting in an average of 5 miles per day. And over ten thousand Chinese and Irish lives were lost in accidents in the construction.

Railroads have been a very important factor in the development of US industry and the wealth it created. But the business owners didn't create that by themselves. Yet they were be main beneficiaries while the workers received poor wages.

Apr 2019
America
Conservatives scrambled to quickly do damage control when Obama said of them and their businesses "you didn't build that".

It turns out Obama was correct. As one example of the facts at work on this we can consider the railroads. They have been essential to industry from the beginning to assist in the cheap distribution of goods and the maximization of profit and wealth. But in fact the railroads were built with very funding from others (stocks, bonds), with millions of acres in land grants, and with many workers' lives. That funding and construction began in the late 1800s and continues today:

Hundreds of thousands of Chinese and Irish immigrants worked long days and 6 days a week building railroads, putting in an average of 5 miles per day. And over ten thousand Chinese and Irish lives were lost in accidents in the construction.

Railroads have been a very important factor in the development of US industry and the wealth it created. But the business owners didn't create that by themselves. Yet they were be main beneficiaries while the workers received poor wages.
Obama scrambled for damage control after saying such a stupid thing. Rewrite history somewhere else.
That sound you hear is silence—as millions of small business owners and entrepreneurs were left speechless this weekend from President Obama’s latest insult.

The slap in the face to hard-working Americans conveyed Obama’s belief that it takes a village—a heavily subsidized village—to create that venture you’re profiting from:

Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business—you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

Nov 2005
California
Obama scrambled for damage control after saying such a stupid thing. Rewrite history somewhere else.

How is what Kode said "rewriting history"?

Your own article confirms Obama's context which Kode stated. From your article:
Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business—you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.​

The full comments
There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn't – look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges--if you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.[17]

The real problem is that too many Americans can only hear "sound-bites". Obama says a paragraph, and all you hear is a handful of words.

Feb 2018
Oregon
Watch @foundit66 , we're going to see the standard right wing game. You refuted his post fully and correctly, he will see it and go hide to pretend you said nothing. This way he can repeat the lie another time pretending nothing was ever said to refute it. He would then EVEN SAY no one had ever refuted it.

Feb 2018
Oregon
Feb 2018
Oregon
I will pass on that opportunity. And not reading his post is not losing.
Great, but I explained that Obama's statement is completely correct in the OP. Stubborn denial does not constitute a refutation.

Apr 2019
America
Great, but I explained that Obama's statement is completely correct in the OP. Stubborn denial does not constitute a refutation.
You are right about that, but it goes both ways. I am adhering to the standards, not the double ones.