"You didn't build that" and the conservative lie

Dec 2018
New England
Quote her where she's wrong. Show us how her notion of a social contract is wrong. PROVE SOMETHING other than that you can dance and dodge and move goalposts.
First things, first. Are you -- or are you not -- now in agreement that her "rest of us" line was an attempt to persuade others that business owners aren't paying their fair share for public infrastructure?

Feb 2018
Oregon
There is no internal contradiction in that statement.

Now, if you'd like explained why your statements quoted in post #175 are contradictory, as opposed to the above contrivance, let me know.
YEAH! Show how saying that Warren and Obama were saying that business owners aren't paying their fair share of taxes, is a contradiction of ME saying they should pay more. I am not Warren or Obama. They said what they said. I said what I said. Is that too confusing for you?

Now answer post 203.

Feb 2018
Oregon
First things, first. Are you -- or are you not -- now in agreement that her "rest of us" line was an attempt to persuade others that business owners aren't paying their fair share for public infrastructure?
While they both have expressed that sentiment, that is not what they were specifically saying when they said "you didn't build that on your own".

Too confusing for you?

Feb 2018
Oregon
YOU.
DIDN'T.
RECOGNIZE.
IT.

... which means you hadn't seen the video and thus did not understand the context of Warren's statements. Sorry, Kode, in your rush to score a cheap point you slipped up, and there's no hiding it.
I SAW THE VIDEO. I WATCHED THE VIDEO. IT DOESN'T SAY WHAT YOU CLAIM!!!

Reactions: imaginethat
Dec 2018
New England
YEAH! Show how saying that Warren and Obama were saying that business owners aren't paying their fair share of taxes, is a contradiction of ME saying they should pay more. I am not Warren or Obama. They said what they said. I said what I said. Is that too confusing for you?

Now answer post 203.
Um, that was the answer to the question you posed in 203. If you had another question there, please rephrase it.

Your contradiction (at least earlier) was not what you describe above, but rather in insisting Warren wasn't talking about the business owners failing paying enough and then agreeing with her that business owners aren't paying enough. Again, go back to post #175.

Feb 2018
Oregon
It wasn't a link, it was a screen grab from this video:
which I originally cited in post 44 of this thread.
One of her statements was that goods were moved and businesses were protected with infrastructure "that we paid for". This is what you're pinning your entire argument on. So think of this: a railroad cost $358 billion to build (or whatever it was). The Nestle Corporation paid taxes, ten million of which may have gone to help pay for that railroad, the rest of their tax payments going to the funding of other things from congressional salaries and government agencies to military expenses and foreign aid. So that ten million would be 0.003% of the cost with us taxpayers paying the remainder.

That is good enough to show anyone the correctness of the statement "you didn't build that".

Reactions: imaginethat
Feb 2018
Oregon
Um, that was the answer to the question you posed in 203. If you had another question there, please rephrase it.

Your contradiction (at least earlier) was not what you describe above, but rather in insisting Warren wasn't talking about the business owners failing paying enough and then agreeing with her that business owners aren't paying enough. Again, go back to post #175.
Nat, you seriously need help that I'm not qualified to provide you. See a professional. Meanwhile, I'm done with you and your insanity. Most of this thread has been about YOU.

Nov 2005
California
Because I was referring to the lead-in that I thought you both knew was there. That headline provides the context for her "rest of us" BS. If you'd seen the video or been paying attention to this thread you would have recognized the screen grab from post #44, where I provided both that image and a link to the video.
But it is now clear neither of you two reactionary jackasses have known what you've been arguing about for the last few days. Now that's funny.
:rolleyes:
You don't even own up to your own mistake...
Instead, you blame others ...

Worse, you pull this not "paying attention" crap when you are prolifically guilty of that. That video has been addressed so many times in this thread (as well as your other "refer back to post #__" replies) that it's not even funny.

It's rather obvious to me that you are now abandoning topical arguments to solely whine that people aren't paying attention to something you posted days ago. :rolleyes:

And still you lie about what you have / have not answered... :rolleyes:
You consistently refuse to address what others say, ignore it outright and then put on this pretense that what you say needs to be addressed (when it was already addressed)

Your contradiction (at least earlier) was not what you describe above...
Jesus Christ Nat...
I've given up any thoughts that you aren't anything but a troll. You consistently try to tell people their opinions are something they are not, and then you criticize them for not having the opinions you pretend they have.

This thread was about Obama.
For pages people have allowed you to derail this thread into "Warren".

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2018
New England
Gents, you can jump up and down all you like. Warren's meaning was clear (and I think it was likely Obama's meaning as well, though that is harder to prove). They were both saying that business owners don't pay their fair share to support public infrastructure as justification for new tax policies that have them paying more. This is what I have said from the beginning in this thread, and what I've continued to say despite your best attempts to divert the conversation with straw-men and other sideshows. That you both were caught unaware until just today that Warren put this meaning (literally) in black and white as part of a campaign ad has only made this all the more enjoyable.

Have a nice day, and Happy New Year.