"You didn't build that" and the conservative lie

Feb 2018
Oregon
Listen fella, Warren has at other times and places clearly said the very rich are not paying their fair share. She isn't shy about saying that. But that is not what she is saying when she says "you didn't build that". @NatMorton , you are torturing her words into saying what you want them to say for some reason that is known only to you.

Dec 2018
New England
Listen fella, Warren has at other times and places clearly said the very rich are not paying their fair share. She isn't shy about saying that. But that is not what she is saying when she says "you didn't build that". @NatMorton , you are torturing her words into saying what you want them to say for some reason that is known only to you.
Ya, that’s why the statement was preceded by a black and white headline that read “Elizabeth Warren on fair taxation,” because she wasn’t taking about taxation.

You folks can convince yourselves of anything.

Feb 2018
Oregon
Ya, that’s why the statement was preceded by a black and white headline that read “Elizabeth Warren on fair taxation,” because she wasn’t taking about taxation.

Did Warren write that headline? No? Then stop trying to pin it on her.

Projection. You're characterizing your own behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: foundit66
Dec 2018
New England
Did Warren write that headline? No? Then stop trying to pin it on her.

Projection. You're characterizing your own behavior.
Um, yes, she essentially did. That was a campaign ad which she must explicitly approve before airing.

Give it up, Kode. You’re not helping your cause clinging to this nonsense.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Warren was speaking to those on the right who think any taxation is unfair taxation. We have examples of that group right here on DTT.

Feb 2018
Oregon

This is a good example of how you cling to dead things. You've already been told and shown and have seen that Warren is not at all shy about stating and substantiating her conviction that the rich don't pay enough in taxes. This issue of "you didn't build that" is different. It's a separate issue even if it's almost related by virtue of the fact that both tie to Big Business, but that's stretching the point.

So this whole thing was long ago settled: Warren says the rich don't pay enough; Warren says we need universal healthcare (which is similarly related); Warren says education should be mostly provided by government; and Warren says "you didn't build that". Yet you keep beating this dead horse. You just can't let go.

I'm pretty sure there's a name for that condition.

Reactions: foundit66
Dec 2018
New England
This is a good example of how you cling to dead things. You've already been told and shown and have seen that Warren is not at all shy about stating and substantiating her conviction that the rich don't pay enough in taxes. This issue of "you didn't build that" is different. It's a separate issue even if it's almost related by virtue of the fact that both tie to Big Business, but that's stretching the point.

So this whole thing was long ago settled: Warren says the rich don't pay enough; Warren says we need universal healthcare (which is similarly related); Warren says education should be mostly provided by government; and Warren says "you didn't build that". Yet you keep beating this dead horse. You just can't let go.

I'm pretty sure there's a name for that condition.
Kode, you are so full of it, and it's marvelous.

I can't let it go?? This thread went dormant on December 30, 2019 with my post #230. You then resurrected the discussion with post #231 yesterday, two full weeks later. So it is painfully clear that you are the one who cannot let this go.

But hey, I'm quite happy to continue if you are. I state again, Warren herself prefaced those comments with a statement that she was talking about taxation. That means -- get ready for it --- she was taking about taxation. So she says those words are about taxes. I say they're about taxes. And you disagree with us for God knows what reason.

You are a confused dog with a bone.

Feb 2018
Oregon
Kode, you are so full of it, and it's marvelous.

I can't let it go?? This thread went dormant on December 30, 2019 with my post #230. You then resurrected the discussion with post #231 yesterday, two full weeks later. So it is painfully clear that you are the one who cannot let this go.

But hey, I'm quite happy to continue if you are. I state again, Warren herself prefaced those comments with a statement that she was talking about taxation. That means -- get ready for it --- she was taking about taxation. So she says those words are about taxes. I say they're about taxes. And you disagree with us for God knows what reason.

You are a confused dog with a bone.
Be sure to get in that personal attack.

Warren says the rich aren't paying their fair share.

Warren says to them "you didn't build that" and she's right.

And now I have better things to do..........

Reactions: imaginethat