you dont need a gun

Nov 2017
Virginia
yeah actually you do or let me be more specific we need the government to protect us from gun nuts like you
people are basically big mean kids they need supervision
Do you ever think before you speak (or type)? Who is government composed of? If you can't figure it out, it consists of PEOPLE! I'm not going to explain everything that's wrong with your logic skills; that would take too long. Why don't you just go away and maybe come back to this forum when you develop some ability to think - or, at least quit calling the forum staff names. Not only are you not helping your cause by attacking the mods, you're making you & your cause look hysterical.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Do you ever think before you speak (or type)? Who is government composed of? If you can't figure it out, it consists of PEOPLE! I'm not going to explain everything that's wrong with your logic skills; that would take too long. Why don't you just go away and maybe come back to this forum when you develop some ability to think - or, at least quit calling the forum staff names. Not only are you not helping your cause by attacking the mods, you're making you & your cause look hysterical.
Old saying, don't let your mouth overload your ass. However, mods like being attacked to sharpen their debate skills.

Feb 2007
New York
Do you consider corporations as being adults, since the SC says they are people?
Until a corporation can vote, go to jail and apply for a driver's license/marriage license/passport I will not consider a corporation a person. As it stands, they are being given privileges without the accompanying responsibilities.

Feb 2007
New York
yeah actually you do or let me be more specific we need the government to protect us from gun nuts like you
The people that make up the government, by your logic, are also big mean kids. What would make them any better at deciding whether or not we need guns?

Feb 2007
New York
Thank you for coming to my defense, but when I am commenting on the board I take my hits like any other member. :) I'm good.

Feb 2007
New York
Oh... I should probably tell you that I personally don't own a gun. I am a strong supporter of the right of responsible adults to make their own choice on whether or not they choose to own them.

With the attacks on the second amendment I am considering getting one as a show of support. I just haven't found one that I'm comfortable firing because of arthritis.

So much for the 'gun nut' comment.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
What would make them any better at deciding whether or not we need guns?
Perfect! This is why the founders put the second amendment in the constitution.
If the gun control advocates hadn't been so vocal and insistent on eliminating guns from the country IMO there wouldn't be 1/4 the guns in the population. Concern for banning guns simply sells more guns and ammo.
As I grew up, people who had guns usually were hunters and target shooters. No one felt the need to own one except, as Hollywood pointed out, as a tool. Even tho we didn't have a gun I knew how to use one and was a marksman with a rife when I was 10. I bought a single shot .22 when I was 12 with money made working on farms that summer. I kept our garden pest free from a distance of 30 yds and provided food for the family to boot. Most of us were proficient with guns, rifles particularly, due to the local gun clubs providing free gun safety classes at their range. I learned to shoot a Webly .45 revolver when I was 15. I was never as good with a pistol as the rifle but I qualified in the Navy with a .45 auto.
I never had another gun till I was over 30. I went desert target shooting with friends. Then the anti gun nuts got runnin full steam and I got to thinking about this whole thing. I now have several guns, left to me by my Dad. I have one gun that I felt compelled to buy becase of pressure from the anti gun groups and govt intervention into gun ownership. Calif passed a law banning semiautomatic military style rifles. I bought one just before the ban was effective. I don't live there anymore so I have only an interest in what happens there as a spectator. When I look back on my evolution I was a person who viewed gun ownership as a personal preference issue, if you want one buy one, if you don't, don't. What I've become as a result of the gun control groups is an advocate for the second amendment. The lefties, by making gun control a front page issue have created a monster. the monster looks like this:
bullets.png

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Oh... I should probably tell you that I personally don't own a gun. I am a strong supporter of the right of responsible adults to make their own choice on whether or not they choose to own them.

With the attacks on the second amendment I am considering getting one as a show of support. I just haven't found one that I'm comfortable firing because of arthritis.

So much for the 'gun nut' comment.

A person with arthritis should buy a .22 boy's rifle that has very little kick, range one mile.