you dont need a gun

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Until a corporation can vote, go to jail and apply for a driver's license/marriage license/passport I will not consider a corporation a person. As it stands, they are being given privileges without the accompanying responsibilities.
The idea of calling corps persons came about as a tool to prosecute them as people rather that things. How do you sue a thing? Courts have ever since been refining the identity of the corp "person". The change in the laws to allow corps to be "people is what allowed the industrial revoution to develop as rapidly as it did. That one thing in concert with others has developed society into the giant it is today. Without it we'd still be an agrarian society. Never said it was fair, just successful.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
The idea of calling corps persons came about as a tool to prosecute them as people rather that things. How do you sue a thing? Courts have ever since been refining the identity of the corp "person". The change in the laws to allow corps to be "people is what allowed the industrial revoution to develop as rapidly as it did. That one thing in concert with others has developed society into the giant it is today. Without it we'd still be an agrarian society. Never said it was fair, just successful.
Any normal corporation is controlled oiied

Any fool knows that that the tripod is the most stable structure in The Universe and all normal corporations are controlled by three humans with equal power. Get two humans to vote the President out and no Golden Parachute and he stands in the unemployment line. The business world is brutal and unforgiving.

Feb 2007
New York
A corporation is a legal person, not a natural person. Fair and unfair don't really apply; kinda like using a thermometer to measure weight.

You are correct, of course, about why a corp is considered a legal person. Basically it was way more expedient to create a legal person than to duplicate laws that already applied to individuals in order to hold corps accountable for their actions. I simply look at a corporation as a corporation and not as a person.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Given that there seem to be very many who don't have the sense to do what Clicker II said, maybe it isn't so common to have the sense to do that, so good point.
Did I say he was the ONLY person to lack common sense? No, I did not.

Apr 2013
Left coast
Until a corporation can vote, go to jail and apply for a driver's license/marriage license/passport I will not consider a corporation a person. As it stands, they are being given privileges without the accompanying responsibilities.
But the point is, do you also believe that corporations don't need the government to tell them how to do things?

Feb 2007
New York
But the point is, do you also believe that corporations don't need the government to tell them how to do things?
Law, in my opinion, is not supposed to protect us from ourselves; it is supposed to protect us from each other. Along the same line, I don't believe that corporations should impede on individual rights. Corporations should not be allowed to poison the water or air supply and we should have a right to know what we are eating.

A corporation is a business. A business is designed to make money not make responsible decisions for environment and workers. So yes, we need to regulate corporations.