You whiners got Trump elected!

Jul 2019
Georgia
didn't Bree Newsome take down the Confederate Flag from the SC Statehouse the same day the WH was lit up in pretty rainbow colors?

I had to work ATHFest that night, and was really glad to see gay couples out celebrating, and then woke up to the news of Bree Newsome and the White House in rainbow colors, and was really really proud to be an American that day.

ah, the good ole days

Reactions: tristanrobin
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I think that people are fed up with rights being extended to anyone who claims to be weird shit such as "transgendered and identify as being black."
This is the part of ignorant petty asinine childish bigotry I will never understand.
I am the first to admit, I do not grasp the concept of "identifying" with the opposite gender. But, I don't have to. Rights are not like a cherry pie, where you slice them up and when you're out of slices, the rights are gone. There are more than enough rights to go around for all. I don't have to understand the people being granted rights, which they are guaranteed under the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I just have to know that all people are treated equally and fairly so that I know that I will be treated equally and fairly, too.
The kind of bigotry who wants to keep people legally marginalized because low IQ people are unable to understand them makes me want to ... nevermind, I'll remember ...

NoteToSelf.jpg

Jul 2019
Georgia
This is the part of ignorant petty asinine childish bigotry I will never understand.
I am the first to admit, I do not grasp the concept of "identifying" with the opposite gender. But, I don't have to. Rights are not like a cherry pie, where you slice them up and when you're out of slices, the rights are gone. There are more than enough rights to go around for all. I don't have to understand the people being granted rights, which they are guaranteed under the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I just have to know that all people are treated equally and fairly so that I know that I will be treated equally and fairly, too.
The kind of bigotry who wants to keep people legally marginalized because low IQ people are unable to understand them makes me want to ... nevermind, I'll remember ...

View attachment 4604
exactly. seems the only people who get mad about others having equal rights are those who are insecure that that will somehow weaken their privilege

pensacola niceman

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
Yeah, I am stirring some shit. My point is really trying to analyze the mentality of people who voted for Trump.... and, will again.

pensacola niceman

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
exactly. seems the only people who get mad about others having equal rights are those who are insecure that that will somehow weaken their privilege

Not really. Equal rights have always been about how "equal" you really are.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Yeah, I am stirring some shit. My point is really trying to analyze the mentality of people who voted for Trump.... and, will again.
there's no reasoning with people who are planning on voting trump 2020, and there's no need to try to appease them

every thing that happens will energize them, they will spin bad things trump does into good things, and good things others do into bad things

I do recall people talking about "not doing anything to motivate the base for 2020" and I say to that "f**k the base"

nothing is going to change their mind.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Not really. Equal rights have always been about how "equal" you really are.
so for one group to be more equal, a little privilege has to be taken away from another group?

I don't agree, but even if so, I'm okay with that. I don't need privilege. I'd rather others have the same rights I do.

Reactions: tristanrobin

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
And herein lies my current major headscratcher. I have two good friends. Intelligent, in high positions in their companies, both with advanced degrees and working as professionals and good people. Both tended to being fiscally conservative but socially liberal. Neither were politically active. And then came Trump.

Both of them jumped on the Trump bandwagon quite early, although in the beginning it seemed almost like they were joking. Like when people would "support" the Rhinoceros" party candidate in an election. (yes, it did exist as a registered party here. Although I don't remember a candidate actually ever getting more than 25 votes.) But when he won the nomination they didn't drop him, they espoused him.

And the more he does stupid shit and the more he is criticized and the stupid stuff he does gets publicized, the stronger they hanker down in their defence of him. And several of you have shared that same observation of your acquaintances.

So the base is rock solid it appears. Mobilization of all others will be mandatory.