You whiners got Trump elected!

Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
AND BOOM--there it is. It's pretty difficult to blame Hillary and Barack when there were how many GOP candidates running? How many to choose from? Jeb Bush. Ben Carson. Chris Christie. Ted Cruz. Carly Fiorina. Jim Gilmore. Lindsey Graham. Mike Huckabee. Bobby Jindal. John Kasich. George Pataki. Rand Paul. Rick Perry. Marco Rubio. Rick Santorum. Scott Walker...and Donald J Trump. Did I miss any?

It's Obama's fault that the GOP nominated Trump? Out of ALL THOSE people--they chose Trump?? The ONE with absolutely no experience, no knowledge of law/constitution, no governing, no NOTHING. Pick that one!

But....the blame game is just SO MUCH easier than taking personal responsibility for the SCREW UP OF THE century.

Ahhhh Clara.....You are a master of deflecting the truth when it doesn't fit your agenda....Yes there were 15 candidates for the Republican Nomination..........But the reason that Trump won was because the Republican Conservatives were simply fed up with the Milquetoast like Jeb Bush and John Kasich.....They saw too damn often the Republican candidates taking the high-road, (especially the likes of Mitt Romney)......then being savaged by all kinds of spurious attacks by the low-life Democrats..... Racist, Homophobia, White Supremacist Neo-Nazi, Xenophobe Misogynist etc., the usual crap....So why not rrun someone who already has been tarnished.??? Gonna get blamed anyway, might as well..

Obama had nothing to do with it....You are right Obama had NOTHING ++++

What blame game ??...We are just amazed that your side has not learned a lesson and are continuing to infuriate the base that did vote for Trump....Amd What "Screw Up "????.....The country was lucky that Trump did win, He is the right guy in the right place at the right time.....If he had not defeated the evil Hildabeast, we would never have known about the size of the scandal underlying the 2016 election....The corruption of the Clintons and the DNC would have just kept rolling on...

Reactions: Sabcat

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Just repeating lies over and over does not make it the truth.....I have yet to see any proof of Trump being a racist, or White Supremacist or a homophone or an xenophobe.... Do you have any???.....that is proof, not some opinion...
Please tell Trump and all the Fox News idiots that. Include Leningrad Lindsey and Moscow Mitch in that too.

Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Please tell Trump and all the Fox News idiots that. Include Leningrad Lindsey and Moscow Mitch in that too.
Granted Mitch McConnell is another Milquetoast Dufuss, but what exactly are the "Lies" him and Lindsay Graham spewing.....and FOX News??....seems to me that they have a lot of dots connected when it comes to just how we got to the abuse of the FISA Courts and spying on American citizens, where are the lies??

But, the question is "Where is YOUR PROOF that Trump is a Racist Homophobic, Neo Nazi Xenophobe??

Jul 2019
Georgia
Like Trump.....if you attack me.....I'll defend myself.... The left's treatment of Conservatives as Rascist, Homophobe, White Supremicist, Xenaophobes goes way before Trump.....It is the Left's "stock in trade" that they use when they haven't any sound arguments...

Case in point.....What about Palin was "bigoty"?? let alone "extremely bigoty"??... And why shouldn't Conservatives react to the dishonest labeling by the Left??

btw.....Palin is 100 time smarter than Maddow.....Dr. Joseph Goebbels had a doctorate in Political Science from Heidleburg U. too, and he was consider a real bright fellow....Just one with bad ideas. just like Maddow..
trumpers are not conservatives, and tea party'rs are not conservatives

I used to be a Conservative. A big one. My dad was a successful Republican politician (he's now retired) and I hugely supported the party until recent years, so you might be talking to the wrong person about the left's past treatment of Conservatives, because I didn't see it. yes, there were undertones of bigotry but not nearly at the level it is today. I'm not proud of it but yes it was there.

I can talk about Palin, but I'd like to separate her from classic Conservatives, because she most certainly is not one

Last edited:
Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
trumpers are not conservatives, and tea party'rs are not conservatives

I used to be a Conservative. A big one. My dad was a successful Republican politician (he's now retired) and I hugely supported the party until recent years, so you might be talking to the wrong person about the left's past treatment of Conservatives, because I didn't see it. And if it was there, I didn't notice because I know I wasn't and the people I campaigned for weren't.

I can talk about Palin, but I'd like to separate her from classic Conservatives, because she most certainly is not one

I mostly agree with this.....Some of Trumps biggest detractors are Conservative.....I am a Conservative but I would not call Trump a Conservative.....

I have basically lost faith in the Republican Party......That does not mean I switched to the Democrats....they simply went off a cliff...But I feel that today's Republican Party is simply the Democrat Party of the '40's.......

But, I have a hard time believing that as a Conservative you have not been aware of the Alynsky style tactics employed by the Democrats in the last 40 years......

What is your definition of Conservative??

Jul 2019
Georgia
I mostly agree with this.....Some of Trumps biggest detractors are Conservative.....I am a Conservative but I would not call Trump a Conservative.....

I have basically lost faith in the Republican Party......That does not mean I switched to the Democrats....they simply went off a cliff...But I feel that today's Republican Party is simply the Democrat Party of the '40's.......

But, I have a hard time believing that as a Conservative you have not been aware of the Alynsky style tactics employed by the Democrats in the last 40 years......

What is your definition of Conservative??
I was born in 1980 and raised in a very political family, who worshiped Reagan, so I guess in my mind he's your quintessential conservative.

he's probably rolling over in his grave at what the GOP has become today

I was forced to listen to Rush Limbaugh with my dad every day when I worked for him during the summers before I was old enough to get a real job, so I was conditioned to hate democrats, but I eventually realized what BS all that was. Even if there was some truth to it, it was so hate-riddled I dismissed it all.

I don't consider myself a Conservative anymore, but I guess I still have a small place in my heart for the classic ones I was raised on.

ETA: I don't talk politics with Dad much anymore. But he's given some interviews regarding trump, and he's not a fan (thank goodness, I was worried what he'd say for one particular national publication - this was before the GOP Primary). He won't admit to voting for him (I think he did), but I don't see him voting for him again if he did. He doesn't seem thrilled with him, and usually changes the subject if his name comes up.

Last edited:
Nov 2005
California
Is that the same Joy Reid who laughed at Ann Coulter when Ann predicted Trump would be the GOP nominee?
Is that the same Joy Reid who did all the anti-gay ranting on a blog?
Attack the messenger tactics while completely avoiding the message?
Why am I not surprised...

Try again.

Perfect! This illustrates my point very nicely.
How the heck do you think that illustrates your point?
Unless you blame rape victims for getting raped??

Reactions: BitterPill
Nov 2005
California
Yeah, I am stirring some shit. My point is really trying to analyze the mentality of people who voted for Trump.... and, will again.
But you are not doing that at all.
In post #1, you absolve them of any personal responsibility by solely blaming it on people they get mad at.

Its called bigotry. Not stereotyping. What the new left does not get, and will never get, is that a lot of people did not vote for Trump. They voted against PC.
The clearest demonstration of the falseness of your claim is to look at Trump's approval ratings.
The majority of his base support HIM regardless of what he does...

Last edited:
Reactions: BitterPill
Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
I was born in 1980 and raised in a very political family, who worshiped Reagan, so I guess in my mind he's your quintessential conservative.

he's probably rolling over in his grave at what the GOP has become today

I was forced to listen to Rush Limbaugh with my dad every day when I worked for him during the summers before I was old enough to get a real job, so I was conditioned to hate democrats, but I eventually realized what BS all that was. Even if there was some truth to it, it was so hate-riddled I dismissed it all.

I don't consider myself a Conservative anymore, but I guess I still have a small place in my heart for the classic ones I was raised on.

ETA: I don't talk politics with Dad much anymore. But he's given some interviews regarding trump, and he's not a fan (thank goodness, I was worried what he'd say for one particular national publication - this was before the GOP Primary). He won't admit to voting for him (I think he did), but I don't see him voting for him again if he did. He doesn't seem thrilled with him, and usually changes the subject if his name comes up.

Interesting......I'm a child of the '50s....the earliest I remember politically was the Kennedy/Nixon election and had to take the Nixon side of the debate in 7th grade...... I served 2 tours in Vietnam as a construction worker and paid little attention as to who was running in '68 as I wasn't old enough to vote......First time I voted I voted for Carter because I thought Chevy Chase was funny mocking Pres. Ford....Now I don't think he is so funny..,..And yes, after Carter, I voted for Reagan......I still think Reagan was our greatest....being in the reserves I saw what Carter did to our military, and what Reagan did to restore it.

What affected my politics were the war protesters.....I still despise the bastards.....I came to the conclusion you can be right and wrong at the same time....I view today's Democrats as the grandchildren of the war protesters...

I got in the habit of studying history.....I have read extensively of not only the American Revolution but of the French and Russian Revolutions, The Vietnam War, WWI, WWII, and the Civil War...... I have always tried to do my studying with an a-political point of view......Strictly following the context of the times and how what happened politically was a building block of the next phase.........

As such my definition of Conservatism is a strict interpretation of the Constitution as written....and that capitalism was the natural evolution of the way the colonies were founded...And a belief in a monotheistic God was central to our laws and customs...

As for Trump.....He is simply the result of some vile politics and corruption.....Like I say "He is the right man in the right place at the right time" time will tell if I am right or not...

Jul 2019
Georgia
As for Trump.....He is simply the result of some vile politics and corruption.....Like I say "He is the right man in the right place at the right time" time will tell if I am right or not...
a friend of mine always says,

"trump is not the problem, he's a symptom of the problem that's been brewing for years"

the Conservative in me just wants things to go "back to normal", this is an America I never thought I'd see.

Reactions: foundit66