Your Typical Warren/AOC/Sanders Supporter

Dec 2018
New England
Your typical Warren/AOC/Sanders supporter:

• Thinks the reason companies exist is to provide them and others with well paying jobs.
  • Believes there is no such thing as bad or counter-productive regulation.
  • Believes the effect of price on supply and demand can never apply to wages and the labor market.
  • Thinks not in terms of a global economy but rather in one that is purely domestic and thus its participants can be completely controlled through taxation and regulation.

All in all, they're a rather confused lot.

Dec 2018
New England
Oh yeah, for sure. Just last week I heard Warren say "the reason companies exist are to provide people with well paying jobs".

What a putz.
You need to open your ears some. Warren never tires of telling corporate America they owe more to their workers than their mutually agree-to compensation. Whether it's providing a "living wage," making stock buybacks illegal, or the latest in a long line of ridiculous anti-corporate fads, "shared value." In fact, Warren's comical Accountable Capitalism Act proposal is chocked full of this nonsense.

May 2018
USA
You need to open your ears some. Warren never tires of telling corporate America they owe more to their workers than their mutually agree-to compensation. Whether it's providing a "living wage," making stock buybacks illegal, or the latest in a long line of ridiculous anti-corporate fads, "shared value." In fact, Warren's comical Accountable Capitalism Act proposal is chocked full of this nonsense.
Ah, so that's how Republican ears hear that workers wages have not risen commensurately with corporate profits? You guys do construct your own realities, don't you?

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Your typical Warren/AOC/Sanders supporter:

• Thinks the reason companies exist is to provide them and others with well paying jobs.
  • Believes there is no such thing as bad or counter-productive regulation.
  • Believes the effect of price on supply and demand can never apply to wages and the labor market.
  • Thinks not in terms of a global economy but rather in one that is purely domestic and thus its participants can be completely controlled through taxation and regulation.

All in all, they're a rather confused lot.
1. Not "Current Events" in my opinion
2. Intended to be "provocative", in my opinion
3. Unfounded assertions, in my opinion.

Dec 2018
New England
Ah, so that's how Republican ears hear that workers wages have not risen commensurately with corporate profits?
Exactly. With this statement you're demonstrating precisely the confused state of mind I describe above. Thank you for such a clear demonstration of the point.

To highlight this further, let's suppose you work for me. I pay you $75k/yr to run one my stores. Through effective management and a bit of good luck, I'm able to expand the business into new regions, and I go from running a company with an annual net income of $1/m year to to one generating $2m a year. Do tell, why do I owe you any of that increased profit?

waitingtables

Former Staff
Jul 2007
NJ
Exactly. With this statement you're demonstrating precisely the confused state of mind I describe above. Thank you for such a clear demonstration of the point.

To highlight this further, let's suppose you work for me. I pay you $75k/yr to run one my stores. Through effective management and a bit of good luck, I'm able to expand the business into new regions, and I go from running a company with an annual net income of $1/m year to to one generating $2m a year. Do tell, why do I owe you any of that increased profit?
Your statement is the answer to the question you asked. You assume it was your effective management and some good luck that was the cause of your success, and not because you had the right employees doing a good job.

Reactions: leekohler2 and RNG
Jun 2018
South Dakota
Ah, so that's how Republican ears hear that workers wages have not risen commensurately with corporate profits? You guys do construct your own realities, don't you?
The reality is the loons doen't understand what they are hollering about. The analogy stated by NatMorton is a good example of the huge flaw in their lack of reasoning.
"To highlight this further, let's suppose you work for me. I pay you $75k/yr to run one my stores. Through effective management and a bit of good luck, I'm able to expand the business into new regions, and I go from running a company with an annual net income of $1/m year to to one generating $2m a year. Do tell, why do I owe you any of that increased profit?"
The business, as it expanded, provided employment to many more people. It wouldn't expand at all if wages for the whole were to be federally regulated to keep pace with the erroneous perception of increased profits.
If you want state owned an operated business simply take a bit of knowledge from the commies. It never works unless they apply free market operating plans.

Dec 2018
New England
Your statement is the answer to the question you asked. You assume it was your effective management and some good luck that was the cause of your success, and not because you had the right employees doing a good job.
Fine, let's run with your scenario. Let's suppose my new, fatter profit margin is due in large part to the brilliance of Glut's store management. Why do I owe him a share of those profits?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Good management means you have good employees. Businesses generally want to keep "good" employees. Those who are saddled with rules that require raises regardless of performance generally deteriorate and many fail.